Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait so Rigondeaux might get a DQ loss when both fighters threw shots at the bell but Ward throws 3 uppercuts to the nuts and the ******ed ref gives Ward the win by KO? WTF did I just witness and miss! Was Kovalev hurt by the right Ward nailed him with at the start of the round, absolutely, but he should of never been stopped by NUT punches from Ward. The ref should of gave him time to recover, taken 2 points for 3 blatant NUT punches from Ward, and let the fight continue and have a definitive outcome! Fuking ref sucks a s s and Ward is still a scumbag dirty fighter in my book, period!

Comment

• Never seen a fight end with 3 Straight low blows.... pretty amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Keep seeing the Kovalev faithful crying about low blows. If you're bent over, and not making an attempt to come up, body shots are gonna sail low. If anything, Weeks should have given Kovalev a count. But that was about the third time Kovalev was bent over by a body shot. Technically, those should have been ruled KDs. Kovalev gave himself up several times and got his ass kicked. Deal with it.
        The angle of Ward punches were never coming close to Kovalev body even if he was standing upright, open your eyes.

Comment

• Ward **** on Kovy...AGAIN...and forced Kovy to quit.

So much for "ending his career". Dog**** white supremacist fans still jizzing from Trumps win. SOG just ruined your night!

Floyd ruins August 26 white hype and Ca$hnelo wrecks Triple L. Can't wait

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            2 wins over Kovalev & has 3 LHW world titles. He won the super 6 SMW tourney a few years back. Nope he sucks for sure & isn't a top P4P fighter...
            Two gifts against Kovalev, in my opinion. I never said he sucks or wasn't p4p, he just clearly doesn't stand out.

Comment

• I agree w/ your post we were on the verge of a classic. What really sucks is how much was on the line for both men. A stoppage like that doesn't leave any room for redemption. All he had to do was survive the rd & then we'd get a glimpse of if he'd crumble or pull thru. But just like I saw the refs try to rig the NBA finals. I've long since known my beloved combat sport was rigged. I can't even get up and get inspired anymore. On another note...I also still want to see Kov vs Stevenson...It's a very viable fight IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                He should of given him a count. It was a bull**** stoppage.
                I keep hearing people say he should have given him a count but he never went down.

Did they have an 8 count for this fight? They usually don't for these big fights. Anyone know?
                Harold Ledderman usually says so before the fight happens.

Comment

• [QUOTE=iNixus;17772025]
                  Originally posted by NO/BS2468 View Post

man kov chin is weak notsure he would beat stevenson since stenveson has longer reach
                  Stevenson would blast Kovalev out in less than 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Ward landed a low blow early in the round that hurt Kovalev. Kovalev motioned he was hurt, but Weekes refused to give him a rest. Ward saw Kovalev was hurt to the "body" (dick), and as he said in the post fight interview, he knew Kovalev's hands were down to protect his body, which is the only reason he was able to throw that right to Kovalev's head that hurt Kovalev, and then he threw three low blows to Kovalev's dick again on the ropes, hurting Kovalev to the dick even more. Kovalev sagged into the rope thinking the ref would warn Ward, or at least give a count for the ropes holding him up so he could recover, but instead Weekes stopped it at the earliest opportunity. Why? He never even got knocked down. He wasn't eating clean shots to the head except for that one early in the round.

The commentary team was also fluffing Ward up the entire night. It felt like the only one not on the take this time was Lederman. We know where Max and Roy stand, and it felt like Lampley got reprimanded after the last fight after Ward and Virgil complained about him and said he should retire.

Was Kovalev gassing? Yes, low blows and hip shots all night will do that to you. But he was still winning rounds. The entire thing was a joke. I know Ward fans will celebrate like crazy because they never cared how Ward won, just that he "won," as we saw after the first fight. But come on man. Come on.
                    Actually, Ward landed the crushing right hand that wobbled Kovalev as a counter over the top of a Kovalev jab. Mere triflin facts, carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                      USA USA USA.. he aint shlt without his meldonium
                      Because boxing is a broken sport, we will never know, but yeah. Paul Smith hurt Ward, but Kovalev's jabs that used to break ribs and his rights that really hurt guys were not hurting Ward at all tonight. Whether Kovalev went off something, or Ward went on something, you have a point. We will never know because boxing is a broken sport! But congrats. Enjoy your legendary victory tonight! Totally clean, legitimate win... but I'm sure you're happy regardless. In this life we have to take joy where we can find it, so enjoy it safely. Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X