Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Spence have issues to make weight? does anyone know his fight night weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Spence have issues to make weight? does anyone know his fight night weight?

I keep hearing guys say he will be soon fighting at 154.

Like, 2019 or 2020.

I don't buy it, but what do you think? did he ever mention struggle to make weight?

Hell no he has no problem at all making 147.

He'll move up to 154 after he takes care of Thurman.

Comment

Making weight takes discipline.
      He probably have discipline.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Hell no he has no problem at all making 147.

He'll move up to 154 after he takes care of Thurman.
        I also believe he can be a WW for 5 more years.

BTW, why move up to 154? there's no money at all over there. I think he should go straight to 160. Unless he fights Brook again at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Like, 2019 or 2020.

I don't buy it, but what do you think? did he ever mention struggle to make weight?

He looks massive at the weight, close to 170lbs.

As you get older it becomes harder and harder to cut and make weight.

I guarantee that in 2019 he will be fighting at 154lb

Comment

Like, 2019 or 2020.

He said leading up to the Brook fight that he didn’t want to hear anything about weight bc he walks around at 170-180 too. Meaning as an excuse from Brook

Comment

He has the IBF, which has restrictions of how much he can rehydrate.
              I dont think he would have fought for the IBF, if he really has problems with the weight.

Comment

I also believe he can be a WW for 5 more years.

BTW, why move up to 154? there's no money at all over there. I think he should go straight to 160. Unless he fights Brook again at 154.

He's fought north of 147 plenty of times already it's only natural that he goes up to 154 and dominates up there in the future.

IMO 160 is too much way too soon right now considering he just won the 147 belt a couple fights ago.

Comment

“It’s not easy at all. I’m a big welterweight too. It’s my job and I don’t complain about making weight because it’s my job. It’s part of what I have to do. I walk around pretty heavy, but I get the weight off and come 100% prepared.
                  Spence probably walks around over 180lbs

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                    He said leading up to the Brook fight that he didn’t want to hear anything about weight bc he walks around at 170-180 too. Meaning as an excuse from Brook
                    Walk around weight doesn't mean much. I mean, Crawford is at 177 now... and he could make 140.
                    Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    He has the IBF, which has restrictions of how much he can rehydrate.
                    I dont think he would have fought for the IBF, if he really has problems with the weight.
                    Yes but the IBF controls what you weight the morning of the fight. Fighters keep rehydrating after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X