Why Ward has better chances at HW than CW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Ward has better chances at HW than CW

Explained by Dwyer:

Wouldnt be surprised if Ward is able to school Wilder... al he has to do is get past the jab and the right hand. But the risk is very high for sure. I'd like to see him fight the winner of WBSS
    Last edited by DuckAdonis; 01-24-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

His whole argument is underpinned by Manual Charr being something other than extremely mediocre

Comment

Because Vinnie Carita isn"t in the light heavyweight division.

Comment

Dwyer is a hack and a terrible handicapper. At this point I question his sanity.

Wilder destroys Ward is 2 rounds. Ward can't do shít at HW.

Comment

Great, he can bore fans to tears in yet another weight class. At least it will be easier to low-blow bigger, taller HWs.

Comment

Dwyer is a hack and a terrible handicapper. At this point I question his sanity.

Wilder destroys Ward is 2 rounds. Ward can't do shít at HW.
              I agree. Not sure if Ward is actually coming back; however, he needs to avoid the HW division if he does. He stands no chance against guys like Fury, Joshua or Wilder. Honestly fringe contenders like Haye, Bellow and Miller would probably give him all he could handle.

Ward's heart doesn't seem to be 100% in boxing anymore. That's a recipe for disaster, hopefully he stays retired......

Comment

I doubt Ward would be able to beat everyone at 175 if he came back. I think he would be easily defeated by the best cruiserweights and crushed by Wilder and AJ. Ward uses mauling, wrestling, holding and hitting in fighting tactics that depend on him being stronger than his opponents. He won't be as strong as 200 to 250 pound boxers so those tactics won't work. He won't be able to out muscle them on the inside. Ward doesn't have a long reach or a great jab to win at long range. Ward was hurt and dropped by 160 pound Boone and 175 pound Kovalev and they don't have the power of hard punching cruiserweights or 225 pound Wilder or 245 pound AJ.

Comment

Yeah right, I mean the guy got dropped with just a stiff jab at LHW. Ward would be undersized at CW, let alone the giants at HW.

Comment

Working...
                  X