No announcement yet.

Best Networking Events or places?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Your best network are your former co-workers or boss. They are usually the people to ask if they know of companies hiring since you have similar skills.

Never heard of a story where someone got hires coz he met some anonymous in a fair or something. Ive seen many, many cases where someone got hired coz his former co worker works in the company and recommended or told him about the opening.

So dont be a d1ck at work. Be friendly with your co workers, you may need to ask them about openings if you got laid off.
    bro im not networking for myself for a job or anything, I'm networking to land new mid size to big companies mostly sales teams of various industries.

we do BDM, Marketing for all our big brand clients and each new whale account i sign up i get 10% of the action so basically thats 10% of sometimes a 7fig but mostly 6fig project that i get a bonus on. hence why i want the mid sized to larger whales. Im not allowed to post who we landed so far but some are big time on the west coast and down in Texas. I want some more action on the east coast and southern regions too though.

Comment

BS Lounge is the best place for networking with best.

Comment

Look in the business section of the prominent newspaper in your area.

In my area, we have the Boston Globe and it lists everyday networking events in the business section.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Look in the business section of the prominent newspaper in your area.

In my area, we have the Boston Globe and it lists everyday networking events in the business section.
          LOL why can't that NewEnglandouchebag be as cool as you? Aren't you all from the same general area?

I'm not sure if we have anything like the Boston Globe down here in LA. My issue is everyone is so fake in LA, you meet a ton of people but everyone is nothing that they claim to be, so the networking events I've been to here are a total waste of time. How is it in your neck of the woods? What I find is people who are from the east coast and midwest tend to be a lot more genuine and sincere. The meetings I had back in Chicago and Minnesota all went phenomenally well and we pretty much landed their larger accounts in a matter of several follow up emails.

Comment

In all seriousness, don't have they have social networking websites for business networking nowadays? Social media seems to be one of the best ways to connect to people.

Linkedin is supposed to be great eh! LOL!

Anyway, trade shows for industries, going directly to the businesses and talking to the person you want to speak to could be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
              LOL why can't that NewEnglandouchebag be as cool as you? Aren't you all from the same general area?

I'm not sure if we have anything like the Boston Globe down here in LA. My issue is everyone is so fake in LA, you meet a ton of people but everyone is nothing that they claim to be, so the networking events I've been to here are a total waste of time. How is it in your neck of the woods? What I find is people who are from the east coast and midwest tend to be a lot more genuine and sincere. The meetings I had back in Chicago and Minnesota all went phenomenally well and we pretty much landed their larger accounts in a matter of several follow up emails.
              NewEngland is definitely a northshore douchebag but he occasionally drops some tidbits of good advice.

Meeting and interacting with clients and prospective clients I've felt that people here are down-to-earth decent people. We're not overly polite like some parts of the country and can be very straightforward and, at times, demanding. That's business, you have to manager personalities and not have a big ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat 2.0 View Post
                In all seriousness, don't have they have social networking websites for business networking nowadays? Social media seems to be one of the best ways to connect to people.

Linkedin is supposed to be great eh! LOL!

Anyway, trade shows for industries, going directly to the businesses and talking to the person you want to speak to could be a good idea.
                Yeah we have over 10,000 followers on social media i got them up from zero, that was all me. All the trade shows i been to in LA were a total waste of time. Everyones so fake in LA even the guys who rent booths are complete losers. I teamed up with this lady who had a booth she said she was going to get me 100 new clients and her booth said, "as seen on NBC, Fox News" so we have lunch and then she ends up begging me for a job saying she's on the verge of being homeless within 2 weeks.

This is the typical LA piece of shat. trying to be this big time whatever as seen on NBC and Fox News and she's begging me for a job,when I'm having lunch with her discussing the 100 people she promised me, which she never even had 1 person for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                  Yeah we have over 10,000 followers on social media i got them up from zero, that was all me. All the trade shows i been to in LA were a total waste of time. Everyones so fake in LA even the guys who rent booths are complete losers. I teamed up with this lady who had a booth she said she was going to get me 100 new clients and her booth said, "as seen on NBC, Fox News" so we have lunch and then she ends up begging me for a job saying she's on the verge of being homeless within 2 weeks.

This is the typical LA piece of shat. trying to be this big time whatever as seen on NBC and Fox News and she's begging me for a job,when I'm having lunch with her discussing the 100 people she promised me, which she never even had 1 person for me.

If you're a salesman......sell! If you've got people bellow you as sales people they should be the ones setting up meetings, if not, then you should be the one doing that.

If you're a salesperson, then you will understand law of averages.

Going door to door doesn't hurt, if you can't do it, then you should have someone doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    NewEngland is definitely a northshore douchebag but he occasionally drops some tidbits of good advice.

Meeting and interacting with clients and prospective clients I've felt that people here are down-to-earth decent people. We're not overly polite like some parts of the country and can be very straightforward and, at times, demanding. That's business, you have to manager personalities and not have a big ego.
                    Yeah bro i mean this sincerely, guys like you and sadamali and few others are why I even post here. You are good people and if it wasn't for you I'd stopped posting here a long time ago. I appreciate all the good responses, feedback and advice you provide.

Yeah speaking of overly nice Canadians are so ridiculously friendly, But yeah we initially were able to take on international clients as well but legally they just made the red tape even more extensive so I'm primarily focusing on just nationwide clients.

This sucks because I landed a big Canadian whale account they are like Time Warner up there and the red tape drove me nuts! Their CEO was so friendly shoot his wife pretty much handed me the keys to the castle but the red tape literally drove me up the walls it was a big binder of crap i had to fill out because they were international clients . So long story short from this point on they are making us split the bonuses and commissions with the local canadian branches from now even though they didn't do a DAMN THING! So with that being said I'm just going to focus on nationwide clients I don't want to fill out a binder full of red tape just to split everything with their local canadian teams that didn't raise a finger for anything.

I landed some big timers down in Texas, Orlando, Chicago(hopefully), Minnesota, Seattle, Silicon Valley, but over all LA is a tough market to crack mostly because everyone's SO FAKE DOWN HERE! You can start a partnership with someone and 6 months later you realize they were totally lying through their teeth!

My friends all say I need to vet more thoroughly and they are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat 2.0 View Post
                      If you're a salesman......sell! If you've got people bellow you as sales people they should be the ones setting up meetings, if not, then you should be the one doing that.

If you're a salesperson, then you will understand law of averages.

Going door to door doesn't hurt, if you can't do it, then you should have someone doing it.
                      yeah I'm cutting out the middleman and all the entry level bs and just pocketing the larger commissions for myself. hey its perfectly legal and the suits above are happy as long as I pull in the numbers right.

I'll break my team off with bonuses if we reach or surpass target goals.

Comment

Working...
                      X