Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters would have beat Salido in their 2nd pro fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    Mikey Garcia for one
    Garcia fought guys with 100% losses in his second and third pro fight. If he fought Salido then he would have been ruined.

Comment

How many fighters would get a major title fight in their second fight?

Gotta take the good with the bad.

I really like Loma, but you gotta get in line and earn your shots in the pros, no matter what you did as an amateur.

He bypassed many pro boxers who should've gotten a title fight before him.

He used his status as an amateur, and Arum got him a title fight and he lost. End of story. He has had a good run after that though.

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard bodybags him.

Supreme athlete and one of the greatest amateurs ever

Comment

I don’t know anymore. I just give Loma no more credit than anyone else for losing to a Salido regardless if it was his second fight. Maybe u agree, maybe u don’t. Shoulda read more of ur posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Garcia fought guys with 100% losses in his second and third pro fight. If he fought Salido then he would have been ruined.
            Mikey was fighting a boxer with 40 losses in 9th pro fight lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
              What fighters in history would have beaten a 55 fight veteran, former world champion in their 2nd pro fight?
              I think Rigo could. 118

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                So you’re saying we can just make up official records for fighters now?
                Not at all. I clearly state his official record was 1-0 when he went into the fight. I am also pointing out The reason TR put him in with Salido was they felt he could win because they saw him fight in the 6 quasi pro fights and felt he was ready.

Note that Loma didn't sign with TR until July 2013, 2 months after he had the 6 WBS fights.

I am no fan of Doug Fischer but he discusses this in the article below.

https://www.******.com/322571-vasyl-...eeping-divide/

Comment

That's a tough one, most would definitely lose, really hard to guess who would actually be successful in a setting like that.

For all those hating, there's a reason fighters don't fight for a world title in their 2nd fight, much less against a rough and rugged veteran like Salido. Have you ever wondered why you current favorite fighter didn't take this road to a title?

Comment

terrible decision!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Not Hopkins, Armstrong, Marquez, Arguello, Sanchez, Napoles, Ortiz, Pacquaio just to name a few legends who had losses within their early career to much lesser fighters.
                      This right here...people need to stop hating on Loma

Comment

Working...
                      X