No announcement yet.

Look back: The Pride of Wales vs The Executioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look back: The Pride of Wales vs The Executioner

Reviewed the fight again. I got Joe Calzaghe razor close edging out Bernard Hopkins, I watched the fight three times, and first I got Bernard Hopkins 6-6 114-113 Win, then reviewed the fight agian and got Calzaghe 7-5 114-113.

Who you got the W?
    Joe "The Pride of Wales" Calzaghe
    82.35%
    Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins
    17.65%

The poll is expired.

I had Calzaghe winning narrowly, but won't freak out at someone seeing it the other way.
    Bernard fought like he was trying to spoil, not like he was trying to win.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe just edged it! Bernard Hopkins came in quite heavy from my memory, i think he was weighting 185 pounds on the night of the fight! (I believe he made a mistake during his training camp, and planed on out bullying Calzaghe! I always thought Hopkin's looked slow and labored in the fight! In comparison to his condition when he faced Kelly Pavlik!)...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I had Calzaghe winning narrowly, but won't freak out at someone seeing it the other way.
        Bernard fought like he was trying to spoil, not like he was trying to win.
        Totally agree with this. Hopkins was trying to spoil which he often did. However, I thought Joe got the better of him by a thin margin. Wouldn't ever want to see a rematch. It was not a lot of fun although Joe made it as much fun as he could.

Comment

The tears Calzaghe has produced is pretty funny. From Lacy, to Hopkins, and to that ass kicking he gave to Jones. Especially after the showboating from Jones. I remember seeing the forums on how all three were going to expose Calzaghe.

Comment

I give calzaghe props how he came back in this fight had him winning by a point

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              The tears Calzaghe has produced is pretty funny. From Lacy, to Hopkins, and to that ass kicking he gave to Jones. Especially after the showboating from Jones. I remember seeing the forums on how all three were going to expose Calzaghe.
              They were all mummies when Calzaghe grew enough balls to cross the atlantic.

Comment

I had Hopkins 6-6(114-113), it can go either way tho

Comment

calzaghe landed 232 shots at a higher connect rate than hopkins 127. hopkins landed 11 jabs all fight at a 12 percent connect rate! Joe landed 45 at a higher connect rate. Calzaghe landed 187 power shots at a higher connect rate to 116 from hopkins.
                  yet people make out the fight could have gone either way?!?!? hopkins averaged less than one jab landed a round ffs at 12 percent connect rate, thats horrific. you lot are so bias to the american fighters its unreal lol, that fight was a clear win for joe.

Comment

Didn't score the fight when it happened and even as a Calzaghe fan I have never watched it again.

Possibly one of the worst fights I have ever seen. Even all the whinging and crying about it on here that actually still comes up even now has never once made me want to watch it again.

Hopkins successfully stopped a fight breaking out all night long after the excitement of a flash knockdown.

There must have been hundreds of thousands of boxing matches that have taken place historically it is actually nuts that we still talk about this one.

If we were all given the most boring book of all time to read would we talk about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X