No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Says Eleider Alvarez Rematch is Likely Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    He's been exposed as a front runner. He can give it out but can't take it. His punch resistance looks to be poor now. He may have been up on the cards, but Alvarez said his plan was to take him into the second half of the fight, then catch him with something big. We saw the same thing in the Ward rematch when he was on jelly legs.
    Alvarez knows how to beat him now, Kovalev isn't going to improve. Big shots will stagger him.
    Ward hit him with everything he had and only momentarily staggered Kovalev. The punches that caused the stoppage were and shall remain debatable. As for Alvarez, maybe he has Sergey's number, maybe not. If he takes the rematch, we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawnex View Post
      You should watch the fights. Ward defeated Kovalev twice. The results are official and your opinion is biased. If Ward was a ***** for being knocked down, then what does it make Kovalev that a featherfist knocked him out?
      LOL!!!!!!!
      ahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaahhahahhahahhahahhaa

aaaaaahahhahahhahahhaaaaaahahahhaha

Thank you for the laugh, Robin Williams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
        Wow. He has balls.
        And lacks brain power...

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
          Despite being a despicable, arrogant racist when he was winning and on top of the world, you gotta give Kov credit, he is and has always been eager and ready to fight anyone. That’s a quality that’s hard to find in fighters these days.
          So then why did Team Tomato Kan Krusher pull out of the Stevenson purse bid?

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Can he land that same perfect shot again though? I think anybody writing Kovalev off at this point is foolish.
            Did you see the fight? Alvarez was landing CLEAN right hands *all* night. The rematch will be more of the same - only this time it won't take 7 rounds...

Comment

• Originally posted by G G G View Post
              White power!
              Alvarez made a slightly different point.

LMAO..

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Who has he really beaten?
                Kovalev has beaten *nobody*...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                  Interesting. Ballsy move by Kovalev. I wonder what the odds will be?
                  Lopsided..

Comment

• Is it me, or am I the only one that notices that Kov loses his head movement somewhere in the middle of his fights?

When I saw the clips of Alvarez popping the side of his head he didn't seem to even flinch or make any move to get out of the way and the punch wasn't really that fast. It looked the same as when Ward clobbered him in their 2nd bout with the right to the head.

I've seen stunned fighters cover up & dodge as a natural reaction when in trouble but Kov seemed to be frozen.

I don't see him back at the top again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      Kovalev has beaten *nobody*...
                      Bingoooooo

Comment

Working...
                      X