No announcement yet.

No matter how much you hate Ward he's a master at the Art of War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barristan View Post
    If they were in a maximum security prison instead of a boxing ring....Kovalev would have ended up washing Wards clothes and sucking his *** on demand

So yeah Ward is a master
    Barristan ladies & gentleman.

Comment

more like a war criminal

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        I'm pretty sure Ward would have just been beaten to death by the guy who convincingly outboxed him in their first fight + has twice as much power. Ward was given every advantage in both fights and couldn't do anything convincing.

Plus in prison nobody has any incentive to play by the rules. If Ward tried to bribe prison staff so could Kovalev. Kovalev also has a higher innate IQ.
        Originally posted by Barristan View Post
        If they were in a maximum security prison instead of a boxing ring....Kovalev would have ended up washing Wards clothes and sucking his *** on demand

So yeah Ward is a master
        if it was a prison fight he'd have won doe!

listen to yourselves like godammed children.

Comment

Andre Ward is everything what's wrong with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Who was Ward actually "dirty" against, apart from Kovalev and Kessler? Most of everyone he beat in a clean fashion including Froch and Abraham.

I also find it ironic that the fights he was accused of being dirty in, (Kessler and Kovalev) have similar styles where they are good long punchers and effective at a certain distance, but don't punch short and resort to either moving back or clinching themselves when someone invades their space.

There is no doubt that Ward bends the rules and at times uses questionable moves, very much in the grey area. At the same time there are plenty of fighters who have been champions who have been worse in my opinion but don't get nearly the same negativity towards them.

I saw Wlad Kiltschko use clinching as his main source of defence for a decade and get away with It, and as soon as it was taken away from him against Fury, due to Fury's dimensions, footwork, and boxing ability, Wlad was all at sea. Hopkins in general - but specifically his fight with Calazghe where he used every trick in the book to try and kid his way through the fight. Floyd used so many different things which are questionable to say the least.

In terms of the thread - yes Ward is a master at pshycological warfare and is INCREDIBLY mentally strong. To find himself in the hole that he was after 2 rounds against Kovalev, outgunned, carrying an injury, to work his way back into the fight takes huge spirit. The thing is, mental strength is one thing, but you also have to be able to fight, and Ward can flat out fight.

He really did a number on Kovalev mentally, who at the respective phases of their careers was the better fighter. But he has two weaknesses...Body shots, and stamina, and Ward maximised those situations, especially in the second fight. I think everyone regrets the ending of Kovalev-Ward 2, my one wish is that we could have got a decisive ending.
            Great post! You can't do what he did if you're not so mentally strong. Not even Bhop is that mentally strong. Bhop has tried to quit against Dawson, I know he was trying to escape the Zaghe fight without getting beaten up, he flew through the ring against Smith just so he could escape. Kova punked him off to the point that Bhop was afraid to get inside, even his coach in the corner was begging him to get inside but Bhop was a broken man mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Who was Ward actually "dirty" against, apart from Kovalev and Kessler? Most of everyone he beat in a clean fashion including Froch and Abraham.

I also find it ironic that the fights he was accused of being dirty in, (Kessler and Kovalev) have similar styles where they are good long punchers and effective at a certain distance, but don't punch short and resort to either moving back or clinching themselves when someone invades their space.

There is no doubt that Ward bends the rules and at times uses questionable moves, very much in the grey area. At the same time there are plenty of fighters who have been champions who have been worse in my opinion but don't get nearly the same negativity towards them.

I saw Wlad Kiltschko use clinching as his main source of defence for a decade and get away with It, and as soon as it was taken away from him against Fury, due to Fury's dimensions, footwork, and boxing ability, Wlad was all at sea. Hopkins in general - but specifically his fight with Calazghe where he used every trick in the book to try and kid his way through the fight. Floyd used so many different things which are questionable to say the least.

In terms of the thread - yes Ward is a master at pshycological warfare and is INCREDIBLY mentally strong. To find himself in the hole that he was after 2 rounds against Kovalev, outgunned, carrying an injury, to work his way back into the fight takes huge spirit. The thing is, mental strength is one thing, but you also have to be able to fight, and Ward can flat out fight.

He really did a number on Kovalev mentally, who at the respective phases of their careers was the better fighter. But he has two weaknesses...Body shots, and stamina, and Ward maximised those situations, especially in the second fight. I think everyone regrets the ending of Kovalev-Ward 2, my one wish is that we could have got a decisive ending.
              Sullivan Barrera and Edwin Rodriquez said he fought dirty. Watch the fights. Froch called him dirty too. There is a lengthy highlight clip on Youtube of Ward's dirty tactics over the course of his career. Headbutts, elbows, low blows, clincing, pushing, forearms, dude is as dirty as it gets. Both him and Hopkins.

Comment

Yeah lowblowing another man repeatedly is such an Art. Ward is a dirty fighter.

Comment

master of mind games was literally crying when he got a taste of his own medicine against Bika....dude was soft, but he only fought 6 world class opponents, most of them euros who have honor in sports and fight like it's an athletic competition, not an anything goes tough man contest.

Comment

Watch the ref when he brings them to the center of the ring, he states exactly where he would consider Kovalev's belt line. Because Kov had his trunks up higher....I wonder WHY? Is it because hes soft to the body, or because he got dropped in training from a body shot by his TRAINER.
                    WATCH THE REPLAY: the commentators where saying Kov was done in the 5th round, from the way he was reacting.
                    I guess many of you have never worn a "cup", but for you guys, its not around the navel area. STOP CRYING!!! Same guys were praising Kov for saying how rough he was gonna be, how WARd "punched like a girl" or he was gonna "break WARds arms if he attempted to tie him up (Kov was counted as having 70+), guys praise this kinda fighting when it was Chino vs Floyd, but when it happened to Kitty it was wrong. This is the "Hurt Business" stop crying about a guy that said it was gonna be war when they got into the ring, he was right. It was WARd

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      I'm pretty sure Ward would have just been beaten to death by the guy who convincingly outboxed him in their first fight + has twice as much power. Ward was given every advantage in both fights and couldn't do anything convincing.

Plus in prison nobody has any incentive to play by the rules. If Ward tried to bribe prison staff so could Kovalev. Kovalev also has a higher innate IQ.
                      I thouroughly dislike Ward's boxing style. I don't respect him as a fighter. I thought Kovalev won the first fight. However, how the heck do you think Kov has a higher IQ. That's preposterous. Kov is the guy doing stupid things. Getting kicked out of Sanchez's gym. Turning his own trainer against him. Drinking on the job. Maybe it was the booze but he's the guy acting like an idiot, not Ward. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Comment

Working...
                      X