This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Terrorist Flag in America

President George W. BUsh launched his reelection campaign in 2004 against an emotional backdrop of airplanes being flown into the World Trade Center towers in New York on Sept. 11, 2001. The burning towers symbolize terrorism, fear, death and destruction on American soil. George Bush used the public's fear of terrorism to help his reelection. But there is another, much older symbol of terrorism in this country. The Confederate flag is the nation's oldest symbol of terrorism. For nearly a century and a half, the Confederate flag has been highly visible over battlefields, state capitals, Ku Klux Klan rallies and in neo-Nazi literature. It is even on clothing and automobile bumper stickers. The Confederate flag has aided an endless number of conservatives and racists get elected to public office.

The rebel or Confederate flag symbolized Southern culture and history, but more importantly, it is symbolized historical tyranny of Black Americans and terrorist/traitorous behavior against the US. The Civil War lasted four years at a cost of a nearly a half million lives. After the war, Jefferson Davis, the president of the Southern Confederate States of America, and supporters of the Confederate South were indicted for treason. It is ironic that Southerners value patriotism and love for America, while defending the rebel or Confederate flag that symbolizes anti-Americanism.

There is little doubt that red-blooded Americans would be upset if Al Queada supporters in this country displayed images of the burning World Trade Center towers on articles of clothing, automobile license plates or atop public buildings. Terrorist organizations, like the Ku Klux Klan, Black Horse Brigade, Amerian Nazi Party, Skin Heads and other White Aryan organizations, hold the Confederate flag in the highest esteem and use it to symbolize anti-Black, anti-Jewish and anti-American feelings. So, rather than taking down the Confederate flag, it ought to be waved high and acknowledged as the original symbol for terrorism on American soil

I see your passion but just a few comments.
    1 - You do realize that the confederate flag was actually a symbol of the Southern Democratic Party correct and the actual political "party of slavery" were Democrats? The Republicans were who freed the slaves, and the Democrats were seen as the actual "racist party" until the 60s. The same Democratic Party that continues to control black Americans through social/government assistance programs and propaganda.
    2 - What would the Africans who traded/sold their fellow man to white colonialists be called? Would they be seen as terrorists to? You do realize that the Africa -> America slave trade was supported on both continents and other African tribes sold their own people to the slave traders? So should the flags of western African countries be seen as terrorist flags to?
    3 - The Muslim African slave trade was actually the largest in human history and Muslims (and Africans) have been enslaving people for thousands of years (back to Egypt enslaving the Jews). What should they all be called then?
    4 - What about the level of black and black crime/violence/murder in inner cities like Chicago, Milwaukee and Baltimore? Is that considered "terror"? Black Americans are being systematically murdered by each other by the hundreds each year in areas like this but
    where is the outrage? I suppose old statues of civil war era rednecks are more dangerous and harmful than actual senseless murder that occurs en masse daily?

Try digging more into history to better understand it and don't take such a narrow view just because it's the popular trend going on right now. Just some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
      I see your passion but just a few comments.
      1 - You do realize that the confederate flag was actually a symbol of the Southern Democratic Party correct and the actual political "party of slavery" were Democrats? The Republicans were who freed the slaves, and the Democrats were seen as the actual "racist party" until the 60s. The same Democratic Party that continues to control black Americans through social/government assistance programs and propaganda.
      2 - What would the Africans who traded/sold their fellow man to white colonialists be called? Would they be seen as terrorists to? You do realize that the Africa -> America slave trade was supported on both continents and other African tribes sold their own people to the slave traders? So should the flags of western African countries be seen as terrorist flags to?
      3 - The Muslim African slave trade was actually the largest in human history and Muslims (and Africans) have been enslaving people for thousands of years (back to Egypt enslaving the Jews). What should they all be called then?
      4 - What about the level of black and black crime/violence/murder in inner cities like Chicago, Milwaukee and Baltimore? Is that considered "terror"? Black Americans are being systematically murdered by each other by the hundreds each year in areas like this but
      where is the outrage? I suppose old statues of civil war era rednecks are more dangerous and harmful than actual senseless murder that occurs en masse daily?

Try digging more into history to better understand it and don't take such a narrow view just because it's the popular trend going on right now. Just some advice.
      1. I created a thread addressing Democratic history in slavery over a year ago. Know my history before accusing me. In fact, you probably got your info from one of my threads.

2. West African slave traders were a bunch of idiots. There are many from the community that aren't far off today.

3. See #2

4. Oh, I can speak on that topic as well. Would you like me to educate you on it?

Comment

Best believe I know more about my history than you could ever know. What would you like me to educate you on? What would you like to discuss?

Comment

Nice try, but they aren’t exactly the same thing....

I pray you are not one of those people that believe the Civil War was fought exclusively over slavery rights.

Comment

Dated 3/21/2016

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I had no idea the democrats started the KKK. I am completely mind fcuked at this moment. But after thinking about things, it's all starting to make sense.
            I had no idea Clinton referred to Byrd as her mentor.
            Elaborate on the bold.

The question is how did Lyndon B sway an entire race towards the Democratic vote and how did the Republicans lose it?

Malcolm X was a Republican
            I don't know if that's accurate.

Malcolm was a Republican and use to lobby for Republican votes from the black community

You were saying?

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
              Nice try, but they aren’t exactly the same thing....

I pray you are not one of those people that believe the Civil War was fought exclusively over slavery rights.
              Nope, I know why the Civil War was fought.

That still doesn't change the fact that the Confederate Flag is one of the first terrorist symbols in America

Comment

Nope, I know why the Civil War was fought.

That still doesn't change the fact that the Confederate Flag is one of the first terrorist symbols in America
                You can look at it however you want.

Yes, it is.
                It is also a sign of the South, among other things.

I’m still not cool with it & other Confederate monuments being removed from history.

Comment

Working...
                X