Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 AM #71
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute..David.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,999,474,563.03

[QUOTE=-Originally Posted by By Someone Who Knows Boxing
Now onto Mike Alvarado. Anybody who says a ďquit is a quitĒ is ignorant and inarticulate. I really believe that and I donít care who I offend. A quit is NOT a quit. When a fighter becomes a con man and ACTS like he is damaged more than he really is or when someone fights him back a little too much for his liking thatís a ďQUIT JOB.Ē See Acelino Freitas vs. Diego Corrales and Juan Diaz. Victor Ortiz vs Marcos Maidana. Roberto Duran vs Ray Leonard. QUIT JOBS.

Then you have cases where a fighter succumbs. He simply canít go any further. His body and mind believe they are separating. Thatís capitulation. Succumbing to the circumstances. Thatís the prisoner of war who gets captured by the enemy and he finally gives information after they pierce his testicles with sharp objects. Yes Iím being graphic because Iím pissed.

I received about 10 emails asking me about this and Iím aggravated with media and fighters. Muhammad Ali sat on his stool after the 10th round against Larry Holmes. He didnít complain to his corner for stopping the fight. Hey tough guys? Was he damn quitter? He has more balls then any fighter I have ever seen. But he had enough. Look at Arturo Gatti in the corner when his fight was about to be stopped against Floyd Mayweather after the sixth round. He put his head on Buddy McGirtís chest. Arturo the Lion Heart wanted no more. His body had enough.

Evander Holyfield once said that any man will quit under the right circumstances. And he was telling the truth. Iím glad you brought up Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello and Manny Pacquiao vs Erik Morales. The common trend in those fights were successive brutal fights were the loser took punishment over a few fights and not just one. That falls in line with Mike Alvarado. In order he fought Breidis Prescott who is as big a puncher there is at the lower weight in an absolute war where his face was gashed open, Mauricio Herrera who is a tough sob in another high contact fight, Brandon Rios 2x, once he was stopped in a brutal fight and the next where he went 12 brutal rounds where he hurt repeatedly and then he faces Ruslan the Cold Killer.

What the heck else do these people want from Mike? Seriously I understand the man is a fighter and he knows what he signed up for. I get all of that. But maybe he thought he was dying. It can happen. All of these dam tough guys screaming heís a quitter need to shut their dam mouths. A kid named Frankie Leal just died.

This is coming from a trainer who prepares their fighters to die in a boxing ring and I tell them quitting is not acceptable. I get up at 4am in the morning in the freezing cold so I can witness the preparation and not take their words. I understand what it takes and what the human body has to go through. But people are just so over the top with their basic general criticisms it sickens me.

I can remember when Gerald McClellan took his last knee against Nigel Benn. The damn announcers were suggesting he quit. Sure he quit, the man had brain damage and went legally blind. He felt his body leaving him. I have never been so aggravated with how cruel people are. When a man gives what Alvarado has given, he needs to be left alone.

He didnít rob us of an event. He didnít give us a con job or a bull**** excuse. He simply had enough and bowed out gracefully. He succumbed to the punishment over the course of some very tough fights. Leave him alone *******s!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Loved it ! repped!
..David.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 PM #72
LayinTrapsSplittinSkulls

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
BattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond reputeBattleAxePurist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,030,062,119.05
it's payday - mathed ole ole ole ole chino chino - punchr 

Now those Feitas fights that was some real quiting and to think how he behaved against Barrios
BattleAxePurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM #73
SPEED IS POWER

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,206,250,242,424.91
Total Points: 63,452,250,766,346.05
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Gonzalez quitting against Burns was worse than all of these.
Light_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
(un)justifiable, alexander, alvarado, arce, ortiz, quitter:, vitali

User Tag List