Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko would beat the bigger Garcia but lose to the smaller Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, i like Mikey enough. I think he's super, super, super duper even, solid. I just said I do not think he is special.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I think I know what you mean, and it's understandable, I see it too (I see your point of view but don't agree). But it's like he said about himself, that's the way he looks but then in the ring it becomes a different story for a boxer who thought they could exploit his style cause they saw something on video of him that looked flawed.

I think Mikey vs Lomachenko isn't a fight Bob would be crazy enough to make. But he will use Mikey to hype up Loma, he will go on a smear campaign, get in fake negotiations, fake contract talks to put Loma up there as a guy who is ducked and Mikey the scared boxer, Arum is a master at this. In reality Mikey vs Loma would be too much for Loma. Mikey is not some brawling come forward Mexican.
      Good points but I, like Mammoth, don't quite see the "special" in Garcia.

I'm not sure if there's actually much size difference between Loma and Garcia. If there isn't then I think Loma wins comprehensively.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo
        Stop dancing around the argument f@g, in what aspect is Garcia superior to Rigo? Defense, pedigree, punching power, footwork, counter punching skills? What is it?
        lol
        Another ad hominem.
        Acting like you were taking it in jest than getting butthurt.

Hes better in pretty much every department.
        Rigondeaux is chinnier for one and gets hit more than Garcia hence the wobbles and knockdowns.
        Better jab and range control, power, similar defense but Garcia is better with parries. Rigos footwork is used more for defense, meaning he cant counter every small opening and can only truly capitalize when opponents open up or run at him, Garcia defends more with his hands, his feet are used for positioning for counters. Garcia is better at countering smaller openings.
        Especially Ring IQ, adjusting and trap setting. If Rigo had those he would have changed something for ex. against Francisco that did the same charge the whole fight while Rigo tried fruitlessly to land a counter to it the whole fight instead of either adjusting and trying something else or setting a trap and having him run into it.

Pedigree? lol
        Donaire? Someone who wouldnt last 3 rounds with Garcia?
        Amateur fights?
        We are talking about a guy with like 400 amateur fights against someone with like 30. Shows you how much that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo
          First of all, you f@ggot hipster, do you think throwing words like Ad Hominem makes you sound smart? What the fock was that?

And I'm a 6'2 God with a 8 inch dick and b1tches look at me like a piece of meat everywhere I go. There's nothing a dickless twerp living in his momma's basement can say to make me butthurt.

Now back at the subject at hand. Rigo gets hit more because he had a few occasional knockdowns and wobbles? What kind of logic is that. Are you using big words to mask the fact that you might actually be an idiot? Here are is the list of Compubox statistical leaders, and check who's number on the list for connect percentage against you ******:

http://compuboxonline.com/wp-content...ers-2-3-14.pdf

And while this list is from 2014, Rigondeaux was still number 2 for connect punches against with 16.8%. So here's for your knockdowns and wobbles.

Second, Mikey's offensive footwork is nothing special. Rigondeaux's defensive footwork, on the other hand is out of this world. I would take your comment more seriously if Mikey could throw a proper pivot and wasn't constantly off balance whenever he gets charged by a game opponent. And that bit about Mikey being better at controlling distance or countering small openings is just psycho babble.

And that Donaire argument was just rubbish, you're just an idiot all together. I don't care about your fantasy scenarios. Rigo has the best pedigree. Devaluing pedigree to fit your stupid argument is just a sign of ultimate f@ggotry once again. And yes, that was an ad hominem, but it's clear you're not really in this to have a an actual factual discussion, you're the type who needs to be right even when they're wrong cuz being wrong just crushes their pathetic little ego.
          So they never happened?
          So he just wobbles and drops out of nowhere now, how does that work? You wont even admit hes chinnier, man youre desperate.

So now youre a compubox warrior now?
          Yeah he gets hit little, but he has less fights and fights nothing but bums, who are still hitting and dropping him.
          Garcia is chinny but if his compubox numbers were correct he would already have been knocked out hence why they are not some gospel.

At the bolded when the **** has this happened? Most of Garcia's opponent's cant bypass his jab or are stopped by running into traps. If anything, why didnt Rigo capitalize against that very thing against Francisco who was doing that the entire fight. Instead he would jump back to land a counter straight then clinch when Francisco bumped into him. This happened ad nauseum and Rigondeaux never made it work for ten rounds.

Which ties into my next point, Garcia is better at controlling range because he has a better jab that opponents arent constantly running through(even if getting hit). Rigo is 100% focused on moving out incoming fire and countering if possible which means he is sometimes too out of the way to effectively counter.
          Garcia predominately hops backwards in small steps, which allows him to punish the majority of offensive attempts of his opponents.

You still havent told me what this fight attribute "pedigree" is. It cant be worth that much like I said. Were discussing 400 vs 30. Lomachenko has similar "pedigree" to Rigondeaux and yet all three are argued here. And as far as Donaire goes, are Walters or Magdaleno P4P? Because they have to if that one fight single-handedly made Rigondeaux an ATG without never having to fight anyone half decent again.

Comment

You can just simply put your points where your mouth is. Make it more convincing. Points won't mean much, but at least...

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              So they never happened?
              So he just wobbles and drops out of nowhere now, how does that work? You wont even admit hes chinnier, man youre desperate.

So now youre a compubox warrior now?
              Yeah he gets hit little, but he has less fights and fights nothing but bums, who are still hitting and dropping him.
              Garcia is chinny but if his compubox numbers were correct he would already have been knocked out hence why they are not some gospel.

At the bolded when the **** has this happened? Most of Garcia's opponent's cant bypass his jab or are stopped by running into traps. If anything, why didnt Rigo capitalize against that very thing against Francisco who was doing that the entire fight. Instead he would jump back to land a counter straight then clinch when Francisco bumped into him. This happened ad nauseum and Rigondeaux never made it work for ten rounds.

Which ties into my next point, Garcia is better at controlling range because he has a better jab that opponents arent constantly running through(even if getting hit). Rigo is 100% focused on moving out incoming fire and countering if possible which means he is sometimes too out of the way to effectively counter.
              Garcia predominately hops backwards in small steps, which allows him to punish the majority of offensive attempts of his opponents.

You still havent told me what this fight attribute "pedigree" is. It cant be worth that much like I said. Were discussing 400 vs 30. Lomachenko has similar "pedigree" to Rigondeaux and yet all three are argued here. And as far as Donaire goes, are Walters or Magdaleno P4P? Because they have to if that one fight single-handedly made Rigondeaux an ATG without never having to fight anyone half decent again.
              Sorry for the personal insults, that was uncalled for. Let's just agree, it's just boxing after all.

Comment

Working...
              X