No announcement yet.

Choose New Zealand's new flag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose New Zealand's new flag

New Zealand are looking towards replacing their flag. These are the final four options:

Which flag should they choose? Top right is apparently favorite to win. Vote in the poll

This is the flag they may be replacing:

Top Left
    26.67%
    Top Right
    13.33%
    Bottom Left
    20.00%
    Bottom Right
    40.00%
    Last edited by Weebler I; 09-01-2015, 01:57 AM.

Bottom right looks good to me. Why are they changing the flag?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Bottom right looks good to me. Why are they changing the flag?
      A lot of people there don't like the British flag in theirs, it is a reminder of British colonialism.

The current flag also very similar to the Australian flag. They want to be distinct from the Aussies.

Bottom right or top left look best to me too, I don't like the black and white flags.

Comment

upper left and lower right. the four stars should remain methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
          upper left and lower right. the four stars should remain methinks.
          Shouldn't there be a fifth star?.....Southern cross right?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            A lot of people there don't like the British flag in theirs, it is a reminder of British colonialism.

The current flag also very similar to the Australian flag. They want to be distinct from the Aussies.

Bottom right or top left look best to me too, I don't like the black and white flags.
            I live in new zealand and tbh not a single **** is given

the prime minister, John Key has come up with this idea as a way to defer from more serious issues

many people are actually annoyed with the whole thing and think it's a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I live in new zealand and tbh not a single **** is given

the prime minister, John Key has come up with this idea as a way to defer from more serious issues

many people are actually annoyed with the whole thing and think it's a waste of time
              Interesting, I had read politics had something to do with it (doesn't it always).

So, as a current resident of NZ, what is your preference on the next flag? Keep the same one? or not bothered at all

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Interesting, I had read politics had something to do with it (doesn't it always).

So, as a current resident of NZ, what is your preference on the next flag? Keep the same one? or not bothered at all
                honestly i have no preference

Comment

The bottom left looks like something a gothic **** kid would use as a bedsheet.

I just voted for that one.

Comment

I voted for the one that looks like this

Comment

Working...
                    X