No announcement yet.

Practicing Fight Meals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing Fight Meals

I know I've heard and believe you don't eat new food the day of an event. I plan on having sensible meals but I thought that it may be smart to go through the two days leading up to the fight a few times. For example, maybe three weeks out do that to prepare for a hard sparring night. Do that each week just to make sure everything goes well.

Is this overthinking it or something that is normally done?

Boxing is not about practicing eating, you already know how to eat. It's focus is on fighting. Why would you interrupt your daily routine for something as stupid as that. Just eat something that will fuel you on the day of the fight, but more so just eat something sensible..….Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 10-30-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Boxing is not about practicing eating, you already know how to eat. It's focus is on fighting. Why would you interrupt your daily routine for something as stupid as that. Just eat something that will fuel you on the day of the fight, but more so just eat something sensible..….Rockin'
      I believe in making sure that whatever I do (in this effort) will serve a purpose. I don't "game day" fuel up for my normal week as I'm also trying to smartly get leaner. For the fight itself I don't care about that so I'll eat to maximize my chances in the ring.

It takes nothing away from my actual training to give this though and to then to actually put it in place if there is something I need to do. Why ignore something that could help me during the actual event? I also study certain fighters and such, as it pertains to me, for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
        I believe in making sure that whatever I do (in this effort) will serve a purpose. I don't "game day" fuel up for my normal week as I'm also trying to smartly get leaner. For the fight itself I don't care about that so I'll eat to maximize my chances in the ring.

It takes nothing away from my actual training to give this though and to then to actually put it in place if there is something I need to do. Why ignore something that could help me during the actual event? I also study certain fighters and such, as it pertains to me, for the same reason.
        You'll do what you'll do. It really makes no difference to me...……..Rockin'

Comment

You'll do what you'll do. It really makes no difference to me...……..Rockin'
          Of course, but I always listen to what others have to say. I've changed several things based on what you and others have offered.

Comment

Of course, but I always listen to what others have to say. I've changed several things based on what you and others have offered.
            You''re making a mountain out of a molehill...…...Rockin'

Comment

What do you mean, "new food"?
              Generally, you want relatively fast and easy digesting food on the day of an event, like carbs. Sweet potato, oats, carbs that are slow-burning by carb standards, but won't sit in your gut like meats, dairy, etc.

If you starve yourself before an event, you will have no strength. If you load up, anything in your stomach will sit there because the body doesn't digest well when the blood is being rushed to the muscles.

Comment

You''re making a mountain out of a molehill...…...Rockin'
                Could be. I do that on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  What do you mean, "new food"?
                  Generally, you want relatively fast and easy digesting food on the day of an event, like carbs. Sweet potato, oats, carbs that are slow-burning by carb standards, but won't sit in your gut like meats, dairy, etc.

If you starve yourself before an event, you will have no strength. If you load up, anything in your stomach will sit there because the body doesn't digest well when the blood is being rushed to the muscles.
                  Not necessarily "new food" but "whatever I'm going to do leading up to the event." I generally think I'll eat well the day before, salmon and brown rice for lunch the day of the event, then "something" a few hours before the fight itself.

What I'm getting is that if people know what they are going to do, then they don't replicate it a few times to make sure. This is my first fight so I'm just checking the boxes.

Comment

Not necessarily "new food" but "whatever I'm going to do leading up to the event." I generally think I'll eat well the day before, salmon and brown rice for lunch the day of the event, then "something" a few hours before the fight itself.

What I'm getting is that if people know what they are going to do, then they don't replicate it a few times to make sure. This is my first fight so I'm just checking the boxes.
                    I get what you're saying. I'm hyper-analytical like that and over-prepare. I recommend running with a breakfast that you've been doing for days, then modify your lunch (if the fight is happening in the evening) to be something that will digest quick and give you a nice glycogen boost.

Comment

Working...
                    X