This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Chelsea does have a solid midfield thanks to Jorginho's balance. Even Kovacic seems like excess with Barkley and RLC finally emerging.

But really, was it that hard to buy someone like that for Conte? I know Conte's style and attitude was less than desirable. But surely a player like Jorginho instead of Drink-yoko would have kept him in better spirits.

Imagine if Sarri would have got Wilshere or Joe Allen instead of Jorginho. Could it work? Sure but to the extent of nearing possession and passing records? Im not so sure.
    Jorginho was the obvious signing for any passing team in hindsight but it's not like he was without his doubters. Was called a 'hipster player' (and Napoli a 'hipster team') under Sarri on here prior to this season.

Wilshere and Joe Allen (lol) aren't in the same league as Jorginho at breaking the lines and recycling possession, certainly not at resisting the press. Wilshere is grade C, Jorginho is a premium signing and it shows with the transformation of your midfield.

Even the difference of moving Kante further forward and having Jorginho at the base. Teams can't press Jorginho into errors like they would Kante, it makes a big difference.

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Yeah I’d go with Aguero as well but I don’t think Kane is out of place, even though he’s fairly young he’s been one of the best strikers out there for the last 3-4 seasons.

Speaking of great Prem strikers, who do you lot think is the greatest? There’s a few good options.
    I'd go Henry too.

Think Rooney was brilliant in his prime though, miles ahead of someone like Kane. Probably the best all-round English talent there's been.

Comment

• Jorginho definitely looked a hipster player. I stand by that. And Sarri looked like a hipster manager!

In effect he’s a player who just makes 10-20 yard passes all day, hardly ever makes vertical risky passes, can’t run fast and can’t tackle, ain’t got any goals whatsoever in him. On paper you’d be right to worry about him.

Definitely took me a while to see what he’s about. He’s metronome. Just a beating heart and gets the ball through the first press again, again, and again.

It is weird that Chelsea do all of a sudden look like we’ve got lots of reallt good players. But it’s probably just because they have the ball for 20% longer on average.

Look at Barkley’s passing completed stats. 95% against Burnley. It’s a philosophy

Comment

• Jorginho definitely looked a hipster player. I stand by that. And Sarri looked like a hipster manager!

In effect he’s a player who just makes 10-20 yard passes all day, hardly ever makes vertical risky passes, can’t run fast and can’t tackle, ain’t got any goals whatsoever in him. On paper you’d be right to worry about him.

Definitely took me a while to see what he’s about. He’s metronome. Just a beating heart and gets the ball through the first press again, again, and again.

It is weird that Chelsea do all of a sudden look like we’ve got lots of reallt good players. But it’s probably just because they have the ball for 20% longer on average.

Look at Barkley’s passing completed stats. 95% against Burnley. It’s a philosophy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Jorginho definitely looked a hipster player. I stand by that. And Sarri looked like a hipster manager!

To be honest I'm not sure what's actually meant by the term 'hipster player'. I've always took it to mean players (usually from more obscure foreign leagues) who often flatter to deceive, that people talk about because it's fashionable to do so. Don't really see how Jorginho or Sarri meet those descriptions as they're both evidently excellent at what they do once you've watched them a few times.

Unless what you mean by hipster is 'really good' then I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
            To be honest I'm not sure what's actually meant by the term 'hipster player'. I've always took it to mean players (usually from more obscure foreign leagues) who often flatter to deceive, that people talk about because it's fashionable to do so. Don't really see how Jorginho or Sarri meet those descriptions as they're both evidently excellent at what they do once you've watched them a few times.

Unless what you mean by hipster is 'really good' then I don't get it.
            Hipster as in fancied but with little substance.

Comment

Hipster as in fancied but with little substance.
              Still not seeing how Jorginho or Sarri fit that description.

Would you class Busquets as a hipster player?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                Still not seeing how Jorginho or Sarri fit that description.

Would you class Busquets as a hipster player?
                No he’s won about about a billion European Cups.

Courtois is a decent example.

Goalkeeper of the World Cup? Are you sure?

Bang. Bang. Bang. Average.

Morata himself probably is.

There seems be this thing around him that he will be a prolific scorer. Last season was almost a career season for him and everyone thought he wasn’t really good enough by the end of it.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-31-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

The NFL markings on the pitch were embarrassing in that game.

Come on man.

Whilst I think NFL is and will catch on over here. They can’t have that crap all over our football pitches.

Spurs are so typically small time that of course they’ll continue doing it at their stadium for a quick buck.

That said it would be ace if they gave us a franchise. It’d be full of Americans anyway and they’d be garbage but it would be interesting
                  NFL will just never catch on here. Will remain a niche sport. That **** takes half of the day just to watch one game. Too many breaks in the action. When we have rugby/football available here and are accustomed to it, why would we turn to NFL?

It's kind of outside of Spurs control at this point, they shouldn't even be at Wembley at this point lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    Harry Kane or Sergio Aguero?
                    Aguero, easily.

Kane is brilliant but he has stretches where he is can not really influence the game at all. Aguero is consistently good throughout the season. Aguero is playing in a better team though, so much more service.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      NFL will just never catch on here. Will remain a niche sport. That **** takes half obf the day just to watch one game. Too many breaks in the action. When we have rugby/football available here and are accustomed to it, why would we turn to NFL?

It's kind of outside of Spurs control at this point, they shouldn't even be at Wembley at this point lol
                      Spurs are gonna host NFL games.

I dunno if that stadium for Spurs was a good idea. It’s costing a bomb and they’re notoriously tight. So they need revenue.

If Arsenal tightened the purse strings after building a stadium then Spurs are gonna super glue the purse shut and bury it into the centre of the earth. Already bought no players this summer.

They’ve got a nice enough team but I’d be surprised if that set up didn’t get stale quick and especially if the boost of a new stadium doesn’t manifest itself.

Alli’s Signed a new deal and Harry Kane will never leave Spurs I wouldn’t think.

But there’s a few key players that have dropped off a bit including Lloris, Dembele, and even Aberweireld.

I just don’t see them doing anything this season.

If they do then Poch is the best manager in the league

Comment

Working...
                      X