Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Canelo Vindicated Himself For Positive Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, even Abel knew thats up.....

Originally posted by peplz View Post
    He told Golovkin all of the same things, including that he thought that he was losing, in the corner during the fight. If you actually saw the fight you would have seen and heard that also.

which of the ONLY valid scoring criteria was Golovkin superior ?

* clean hard punching
    * effective aggression
    * ring generalship
    * defence

Comment

Sometimes, it hurts to read these comments.

First off, good for Sanchez. After all his smack talk, he needed to give Alvarez some props. He did, and I respect that as much as I enjoyed his trash speech leading up to the fight.

Secondly, why is everyone who hates Trip G acting like this was a clear UD with a few knock downs by Canelo? It was an all time great war, a down to the wire fight of the year in which it was Golovkin that was surging at the end of the fight. He connected on enough hard punches the entire theater I was in was waiting for Alvarez to go down on those shaky knees. He was winded (I believe from body shots), but the man of steel still never looked hurt.

Lastly, why is everyone who hates Alvarez acting like he didn't do enough to win? Anyone who hangs out on this site knows I am a Golovkin fan (a lot less now after his poor showing after this fight, but I digress), but holy HELL Canelo fought a great fight. He stood his ground, threw the sharper punches for the better portion of the fight, and was a complete fighter. He hit the body, changed up his punches, and took some really nasty stuff from Golovkin. He toughed out the later rounds when it was obvious he was hurt and on shaky legs. Just amazing and he was a warrior.

This was ONE ROUND from being another draw or a Golovkin victory. It was worth every penny, and a testament to them both. I am okay with the Alvarez win. I saw no less than 4 rounds that were 50/50 in which Alvarez looked great for 90 seconds, and Golovkin finished those rounds strong over the next 90. I gave most of the early rounds to Alvarez, I gave most of the late rounds to Golovkin, so I think the judging was fine. I do not get why both these fighters are not getting respect from everyone for what they did in the ring.

Now, you want to criticize the cry baby antics from Golovkin after, I am good with that. But those 12 rounds were the reason why Boxing just has no peer in sports when it is done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        You're ignorant to the fact that clen contamination has been a real issue for YEARS and many athletes have failed tests due to this. It's such an issue that the NFL issued a warning to it's athletes.
        Talk about flimsy standpoints. Get educated.

I'm ok with people thinking he was cheating. He could have. But, people who pretend there's no way it could have been contamination are just small minded and believe only what they want to believe.
        Contamination is an issue no doubt. It is the responsibility of the fighter to make sure that he watches his diet. He is expected to pass his drug tests. He also should aplologize to his opponent if he fails those tests. Canelo didn't do either one.

Comment

Sanchez said GGG left the ring because he believed Canelo deserved his moment in the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            He landed more jabs and he landed them clean but Canelo landed more hard AND clean punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              You're ignorant to the fact that clen contamination has been a real issue for YEARS and many athletes have failed tests due to this. It's such an issue that the NFL issued a warning to it's athletes.
              Talk about flimsy standpoints. Get educated.

I'm ok with people thinking he was cheating. He could have. But, people who pretend there's no way it could have been contamination are just small minded and believe only what they want to believe.
              Again, your point is unbelievably flimsy. That's an entirely different sport and ecosystem. For all you know it was a widespread clenbuterol scandal and a widespread cover up.

I ask you this, which mexican boxers have failed drug tests due to clenbuterol, or specifically, clenbuterol contaminated meat?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Contamination is an issue no doubt. It is the responsibility of the fighter to make sure that he watches his diet. He is expected to pass his drug tests. He also should aplologize to his opponent if he fails those tests. Canelo didn't do either one.
                TBH, I think Canelo got off LIGHT and should have been suspended for at least a year. People think I am protecting him by saying it was contamination. No, I think it was contamination, because of what I have known about the subject for years and because of the circumstances involved in this instance. But, I also think he's fully responsible and should have gotten a heavier penalty. The way he and GB handled the situation was terrible and he should have accepted responsibility with grace.

It's sad that this essentially turned into a Canelo fans vs non-Canelo fans thing. Sports fans are so fking infantile.
                Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                Again, your point is unbelievably flimsy. That's an entirely different sport and ecosystem. For all you know it was a widespread clenbuterol scandal and a widespread cover up.

I ask you this, which mexican boxers have failed drug tests due to clenbuterol, or specifically, clenbuterol contaminated meat?
                Francisco Vargas in 2016 for one. Morales is another. You cats that run so fking hard with the trolling have no credibility here because you intentionally blind yourself to the possibility that NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS SUITS YOUR NARRATIVE.

I am a fan of the sport far more than the players so I don't get caught up in this stupid heroes and villains bullshyt you guys argue about all day. I've already answered your questions, now I'm done bickering with you about this.

Comment

I’m not buying it. He’s kissing ass because Golovkin has two big paydays left IF and I
                  Mean IF Canelo takes the rematch. Stop kissing ass Abel.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
                    He landed more jabs and he landed them clean but Canelo landed more hard AND clean punches.

so, Golovkin was not superior to Canelo in any of the 4 official scoring criteria?

Comment

props to Abel for showing more class than Golovkin's shltty fanbase

Comment

Working...
                      X