Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG: Biggest Opponent is My Age & Determination To Keep Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: GGG: Biggest Opponent is My Age & Determination To Keep Boxing

The dreaded "R" word never crosses Gennadiy Golovkin's mind, although he acknowledges that-at age 37-there are only so many years left in his career. Still, there remains plenty of fight in the former middleweight titlist, who hopes to change that status to "two-time middleweight titlist" this weekend. He will have to get past Ukraine's Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-1, 10KOs) in order to accomplish that feat, as the two collide for a vacant middleweight strap Saturday evening live on sports streaming service DAZN from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The loser will retire from boxing after this fight. Derevyanchenko will never get such a payday again in his career and if GGG loses then his stock decreases heavily. Klitschko signed a new 5 fight deal with RTL before the first Fury fight and 2 fights later he retired from boxing. Thats a hint to GGG´s 6 fight deal with DAZN......

Comment

This is a hard fight for him not many people giving sergiy any chance. GGG did get hit by rolls flush a few times so maybe he could get stunned. But calling him a loser is a bit much in my opinion

Comment

Indeed G is in a tough fight. Derevo looked in top shape and I'm pretty sure he's very hungry and he knows this may be his last big ticket. The loser of this fight will have his stocks dwarfed. Btw

Comment

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
          Indeed G is in a tough fight. Derevo looked in top shape and I'm pretty sure he's very hungry and he knows this may be his last big ticket. The loser of this fight will have his stocks dwarfed. Btw
          Derevyanchenko is very determined to beat GGG tonight. Its his last chance to become World Champ and if he loses the last time that he gets such a payday.

Comment

By people sleeping on Derevyanchenko so much & writing him off so easily, any successful moments he has in this fight no matter how minute will be maximized. And the "GGG is old, washed up" etc. rhetoric will be further spread.

If the fight is close or if the loser comes on strong at the end all we're gonna hear is "robbery".

Truth is, this is a good match up stylistically & not to mention the difference in stages of careers these two are in. I think Sergiy is gonna do better than most are giving him credit for, he has a good chance of winning depending on what GGG we see tonight.

What's ironic is, even the people who hate GGG are giving him too much credit, while also not giving Derevyanchenko enough

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              By people sleeping on Derevyanchenko so much & writing him off so easily, any successful moments he has in this fight no matter how minute will be maximized. And the "GGG is old, washed up" etc. rhetoric will be further spread.

If the fight is close or if the loser comes on strong at the end all we're gonna hear is "robbery".

Truth is, this is a good match up stylistically & not to mention the difference in stages of careers these two are in. I think Sergiy is gonna do better than most are giving him credit for, he has a good chance of winning depending on what GGG we see tonight.

What's ironic is, even the people who hate GGG are giving him too much credit, while also not giving Derevyanchenko enough
              The big factor for Sergiy will be Andre Rozier in his corner tonight. He is a much more experienced trainer than Banks and will immediately tell his fighter when to adjust during the fight. I doubt Banks can do that.

Comment

I hope the Ukrainian beats him if I’m honest. And at the same tine I hope Kovalev knocks out Canelo. Then those two primadonnas can fight each other again

Comment

He’s already saying motivation is a challenge

Not a good sign

Comment

Sounds like he starts to make excuse just incase he struggle in fight..

Comment

Working...
                    X