No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Brandon Adams on 6/15 or 6/8, on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    How suddenly Adams GGG shameful bum fight became a simple tune up for Charlo.

He sure needed one after fighting the Al mighty korobov while GGG the dcker fought that slouch of ginger isn't it?

Haymonites are the worst species of fans.
    Lol. Man it is a sight to see people change their opinions on here just because it suits their fighter(s). I feel like about 10% on here keep it somewhat real. The other 90% are basically fanboys, most of those trying to claim status as objective analysts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      No one is arguing that Jermall Charlo is the best middleweight in boxing, or that (sans Ray Robinson and Marvelous Hagler) Jermall Charlo whoops every middleweight fighter to ever put on gloves, or that Jermall Charlo whoops every fighter 154-168, or the rest of the bull**** that folks like you were on here using while Golovkin chased his payday.

Jermall Charlo is a good fighter, who's still building his run, who rightly feels like he's the best but who's performance so far (particularly the Korobov fight) shows that there's still room to grow.

Context is a beautiful thing
      oh ok you just have different standards depending on the fighter. thats all i needed to know. thanks for admitting it. why wasnt ggg building his run and growing when you called him the bum basher? nm...

and why do you care what fanboys say? i've seen people on here say charlo is the best middleweight and would ko canelo and ggg. that doesnt change his resume one way or the other just like it didnt for ggg. why not treat every fighter equally instead of having baby gloves for charlo and pretending like ggg was a bum basher when he was clearly more accomplished?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Nice, yeah I would like that fight too. That actually would probably be the best option for GGG as a tune-up if Canelo is next in September. N'dam should be durable and give GGG some rounds. And honestly not a bad fight for N'dam.

If GGG is still what he was or close to it he should roll through N'dam. But if he is slipping it is a good chance for N'dam to have a real breakthrough.
        Durable?
        That dude goes down more than Ellerbe on Floyd Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Durable?
          That dude goes down more than Ellerbe on Floyd Jr.
          Lol. Durable in context I suppose. I consider him a better bet to be able to give GGG more rounds than Adams or that other guy I have never heard of.

N'dam only stopped once and he was in there with Stevens, Lemieux, Murata (2), Quillin, Khurtside, Murray. Much better opposition than the other 2 guys I've heard rumored for GGG and N'dam was basically as good as all of those guys I mentioned. But at 35 he probably isn't what he was either.

I think N'dam and GGG were supposed to fight a while ago actually and I think N'dam vacated though but maybe the circumstances would be different now and he would want that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Nice, yeah I would like that fight too. That actually would probably be the best option for GGG as a tune-up if Canelo is next in September. N'dam should be durable and give GGG some rounds. And honestly not a bad fight for N'dam.

If GGG is still what he was or close to it he should roll through N'dam. But if he is slipping it is a good chance for N'dam to have a real breakthrough.
            Ndam's chin should lose him as usual, but he has been fighting top 10/15 in quillin, kurtidze, Murata, Murray and raked a bunch of wins, never was ridiculous from a boxing stand point.

That's at least good sparring lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Ndam's chin should lose him as usual, but he has been fighting top 10/15 in quillin, kurtidze, Murata, Murray and raked a bunch of wins, never was ridiculous from a boxing stand point.

That's at least good sparring lol
              Lol yes exactly. If you're going to take a tune-up you may as well pick someone who could possibly give you some rounds. Otherwise why bother.

Comment

• Ocampo wasn't available

Comment

• 106 comments? Man oh man a particular segment of “fans” really do obsess with PBC fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                    wbc trying to force ggg into a fight is one thing(it failed by the way), but the wbc trying to force canelo into anything again? , good luck with that... if needed canelo will fight andrade first and then once undisputed he will dump the belts before a ggg fight, by doing that not only he will deny ggg a chance to all the titles but he will also avoid anobody dictating who is he going to fight next ... but none of this will be needed, canelo-ggg is happening in sept...
                    The WBO isn't in the "respect each other's mandatory" pact, but I understand the thought.

If Canelo gives up the belt, then he gives up the belt; the WBC isn't dead without Canelo, and there's no doubt in my mind that they will have him in position to get a WBC shot again whenever he's ready.

Canelo can fight whomever he wants; as long as he beats Jacobs, his September fight simply won't have the WBC belt attached to it

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      106 comments? Man oh man a particular segment of “fans” really do obsess with PBC fighters
                      This story was rumored to be true a few days ago, so it wasn't necessarily new to all, though the fact that Charlo and not GGG is fighting Adams is indeed a big story.

We were all lead to believe initially GGG-Adams was happening and instead it's Charlo-Adams. Makes sense that an article like this would generate a lot of buzz. Especially considering the backlash GGG was getting from a lot of people for taking on Adams. (I personally like GGG but thought that was a sh.it fight.)

Comment

Working...
                      X