Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does extra terrestial Microbial life count?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does extra terrestial Microbial life count?

This is a personal question for each individual . I don't mean what it means to science, I mean does it count to you.

Would you consider the all important question of whether we are alone or not answered, just by having found microscopic life in another planets, or will it take a little green man to convince you?
    Yes it is enough for me.
    91.67%
    No I need to see that green mofo or it doesn't count.
    8.33%

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    This is a personal question for each individual . I don't mean what it means to science, I mean does it count to you.

Would you consider the all important question of whether we are alone or not answered, just by having found microscopic life in another planets, or will it take a little green man to convince you?
    Of course it counts.

Comment

Life is life, whether it be complex or simple.

Comment

technically it counts but I wouldn't care, I need intelligent life.

like who cares if their some damn algi on a rock 500 million years away, but if their was another person living 500 million years away that will be crazy (yes i know they might not look like us etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Of course it counts.
          lt counts a lot. Life on earth started with unicellular organisms.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Of course it counts.
            lt counts a lot, life on earth started with unicellular organisms.

Comment

It would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                lt counts a lot, life on earth started with unicellular organisms.
                Agreed. Also the universe is massive, it's insane to think that there is nothing else out there.

Comment

It counts for me, but I've met people who say it doesn't count unless its intelligent life. I think life is life and at one point life in our planet was down to microscopic proportions, and I would be ecstatic to find the same seeds of life anywhere else in the universe. That being said little green fkers would be more exciting I can agree with that, however; if the little green men find us first I have a feeling we will be in trouble, so id settle for some microbes in my life time.

Comment

Yes.. it just sucks our own lifespan is ~75 years..

Comment

Working...
                    X