No announcement yet.

Cleveland PD release Footage of cops shooting 12 year old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    It's sad all the way around. I think the failure to communicate by the dispatcher to the police officers rushing to the scene is part of the problem.

She should have made a clear note that the person who called in said the gun may be fake. Saying that I don't blame the cops, but it's crazy that police are taught to shoot so quickly.

Maybe not approaching so close to someone who has a gun would be better? IDK, we need to do something to end this.
    Give over with the histrionics, this is a tragic event, but it is a rare occurrence.

Of course the left wing media will exploit the chit out of it for money and ratings doe, even if it means riling minorities up so they they kill a whitey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...community.html

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      You are fucked in the head.

This post makes me want to throw up.
      Alright maybe he didn't have any of those things and was just an asshole. Does that make you feel better?

By the way you seem to be reacting as though mentally ill or developmentally delayed is an insult. It isn't, and if that's how you see the world perhaps you should re-evaluate your life.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Maybe he was just being a typical 12 year old kid and playing with his toy gun by a park? Pointing it randomly at anyone and anything as knucklehead kids are prone to do?
      It's not a "toy gun" though, is it? It's a replica handgun, designed to look like a semi automatic pistol. And maybe that is a normal thing to do, hang around a park pointing an imitation firearm at passers by. I'm sceptical however.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      It's sad all the way around. I think the failure to communicate by the dispatcher to the police officers rushing to the scene is part of the problem.

She should have made a clear note that the person who called in said the gun may be fake. Saying that I don't blame the cops, but it's crazy that police are taught to shoot so quickly.

Maybe not approaching so close to someone who has a gun would be better? IDK, we need to do something to end this.
      I'm not sure it's the dispatcher, who remember may well have mentioned that the caller said it was perhaps fake but this is unconfirmed. If the person taking the call had entered the information into the incident that the caller said the gun might be fake then the attending officers would be able to read that information in the computer in their car as well. The dispatcher is expected to immediately relay information to responders that pertain to their safety. Saying that the probably uninformed and speculative passer by thinks it might possibly be fake isn't something that would be necessarily going over the air.

Remember that the central part of the report and the basis for attending is that there is a "teenager" who is pointing a firearm at people in the park. They will be responding to the greatest threat. Officers who are told that there might be a man with a sword but it might be a child with a stick are responding like it's a sword because you always respond to the greatest priority element.

It's the same way if you tell an ambulance that someone might be dead or they might be sleeping they don't stop off for coffee on the way in the hope that the smell of freshly brewed beans would rouse the patient from his slumber.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      What happened to rubber bullets and beanbag shot guns?
      You're a gun owner, do you have rubber bullets and bean bags in your home defense weapons?

Comment

Working...
      X