Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did before your first fight and how often?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did before your first fight and how often?

Hey guys, I'm JUST starting up in a local boxing gym, and for the moment, my goal is just to improve and refine my hands. Maybe down the line I'd like to get in a few amateur matches. For those who actually fight and compete, I'm talking REAL matches, not backyard boxing brawls. How long did you train before your first match, and after you started competing how often did you fight? I hear that once you start competing, you have to stay consistent and do it as much as possible.

We can't really answer that, for me it took about 3months being that I was a runner so my conditioning was already great to begin with but everybody is different, your coachis the only one who can accurately gauge your progress and tell you when you are ready. Until then just train hard, rememner you get back what you out in, if you train hard you can be readyquicker.

Comment

I was quite young for my first fight (14 I think) and it took me, about a year. I joined about 2 months before the season ended though.

Between fights, up to you really but, I like 2-4 weeks.

Enough time to train on specifics but, not too long you get lazy. If you need to work on conditioning you take the longer 4 weeks option.

Comment

Six months training before my first one, then prettty much average one per month since then.

Comment

3months training and average of 1 bout per 3months

oh exept my last 2 ones wich i lost they were 1 week apart from each other

Comment

Working...
          X