Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto making a mistake against Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man has a legit point,Foreman is very big & durable,has exceptional boxing skills too!!Cotto hasn't shown ko power against the good welterweights,I'm not sure his power is gonna affect Foreman like most believe!!Foreman is 154 & has a very good chance of making Cotto look bad,not saying he will,but it's very possible!!

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
      Cotto's going to struggle in the early rounds but eventually he'll walk Foreman down....I don't know who he can fight after that outside of Spinks, I think every other top fighter in the divison beat him up badly
      I agree here.
      He'll start slowly, landing a few shots here and there, breaking Foreman down, before getting to work and taking him out. The writer says Cotto had trouble with Judah, Foreman and Judah fight nothing alike, Judah is a slick, fast southpaw, and it was the speed that caused Cotto problems, IMO. Foreman will seem stupidly slow compared to some of the guys Cotto has fought (Mosley and Pac).

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
        I agree here.
        He'll start slowly, landing a few shots here and there, breaking Foreman down, before getting to work and taking him out. The writer says Cotto had trouble with Judah, Foreman and Judah fight nothing alike, Judah is a slick, fast southpaw, and it was the speed that caused Cotto problems, IMO. Foreman will seem stupidly slow compared to some of the guys Cotto has fought (Mosley and Pac).
        Judah also had real power which stunned Cotto. Foreman does not punch anywhere near Judah.

Two completely different fighters.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a mistake, it's risky though, moving up in weight and taking on a much larger man giving up 4 inches in height and 5 inches on reach does have it's benefits.

But Cotto is an experienced fighter and will know how to get inside and take Foreman's strengths away from him. I predict Cotto TKO 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
            Judah also had real power which stunned Cotto. Foreman does not punch anywhere near Judah.

Two completely different fighters.
            Yeah, Judah has power too, but I still think it's the speed more than the power that effected Cotto, you know? He didn't see Judah's shots coming and they rocked him, when Corely rocked him it was with a fast counter he didn't see either. It seems to be what gets him the quickest, but, yeah Foreman and Judah, nothing alike. I can't believe the writer used the Judah fight as an example, tbh

Comment

Ok sure.. What an idiot.

Comment

he should win the title at 154lbs so he's a 3 weight world champ then move if he wants to keep fighting he can make the welterweight limit easily or retire the big guns at 154lbs will all beat cotto

Comment

Listen I'm a big Cotto fan but I think this is a mistake too. Foremans style is all wrong for him. Foreman isnt the biggest puncher but he is a pure boxer with alot of movement and he is tall and fights like a tall fighter. Also i want to see if Cotto can carry his power to 154. He hasnt looked as strong as he used to. Cotto is the better fighter but that doesnt always translate into a win. I just think Foremans style is wrong for Cotto.

Comment

He said Cotto wasn't good at cutting of the ring. That's pretty insane right there. He might be the best in the sport at it.

Yuri Foreman is perfect for Cotto. He's the type of guy Cotto thrives against. Whether he's still the same fighter remains to be seen, but if this were 2007 I'd bet the house on Cotto. Even against the bigger man. I just don't know how game Cotto is to taking puishment anymore. Against a guy like Foreman he would have to be game to taking some licks over the course of along fight because I don't thik he's strong enough at 154 to take Foreman out before 10.

I think Foreman is a lot more difficult of a fight than people think. Hey Manny did't want to fight this guy for a reason. He does have the ability to cause guys problems. If Cotto wanted to grab an easy 154 belt I'd have him chase Spinks instead.

Comment

foreman ud12

easy work for yuri.

dumb move by cotto taking this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X