Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think "weight training ****ed Amir Khan up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjose385 View Post
    when he fought it was only the fifth day of ramadan, so he was no that dehydrated.
    He would of still been fasting on important days such as the weigh in and the actual fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Von View Post
      He would of still been fasting on important days such as the weigh in and the actual fight.
      you rarely eat on the day of weigh-ins anyway. so thats no excuse

Comment

No, Khan's a good boxer, his training was perfect. His chin isn't.
        I agree with this, his hand speed is awesome, his accuracy is awesome, his power is ok, nothing special, his defence is typically raw for a young fighter, his chin is non exsistant.

Comment

it also depends on age.you stop growing around 22 i believe.
          The only growing i've done since I was 14 is sidewards

Comment

Amir looked fantastic as an amateur, i thought he was going to do well in the pros. However all the potential means nothing when you have a chin like khans.

He seriously looks like he needs to move up a weight, fighting at a weight that will be more natural for him, but he will still face the same problem only greater.

December the 6th, Oisin ***an. If he gets rocked in this fight he needs to think about doing something else. The way prescott knocked him out isn't going to do his long term future any good if any more knockouts like that happen.

He's a hero to the young muslim population in the UK, anything bad said against him and you are automatically branded a hater or a racist, you have probably seen these words bandied about her already by certain posters on this board, they defend him to exasperating levels. however a young man like him doesn't need knocked out like that too many more times, nobodys going to support a vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by dakster View Post
              Amir looked fantastic as an amateur, i thought he was going to do well in the pros. However all the potential means nothing when you have a chin like khans.

He seriously looks like he needs to move up a weight, fighting at a weight that will be more natural for him, but he will still face the same problem only greater.

December the 6th, Oisin ***an. If he gets rocked in this fight he needs to think about doing something else. The way prescott knocked him out isn't going to do his long term future any good if any more knockouts like that happen.

He's a hero to the young muslim population in the UK, anything bad said against him and you are automatically branded a hater or a racist, you have probably seen these words bandied about her already by certain posters on this board, they defend him to exasperating levels. however a young man like him doesn't need knocked out like that too many more times, nobodys going to support a vegetable.

awesome as an amateur? my trainer told me he got dropped a few times in the ams

to be fair i would think that fasting during ramadan did have an effect on him its not like boxing is chess, its an actual physical sport and it would have effected his training to be fair he shouldnt have fought in that month but he did

Comment

I'm pretty sure Prescott ****ed him up...not hitting the weights. Khan came out with the wrong game plan...he looked like he wanted to bang with a total come forward fighter. That plan doesn't always work out.

Khan's strengthes and weaknesses have been laid out there now...he's quick and fairly agile with formidable power...he has a leaky defense and a shaky chin but I wouldn't call it glass just yet unless he gets blown out another time or two. I haven't seen enough of his fights to comment on stamina or other stuff like that.

It's going to be pretty hard but Khan should probably adopt a boxer's mentality from here on out as opposed to a fighter's mentality. If he tightens up his defense and works on staying behind a solid jab he could utilize his natural strengthes and attributes more to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Von View Post
                  Amir Khan was fasting during Ramadan you set off ****ing rednecks/village hicks.

That is why his punch resistance was down. Combined with the fact that Prescott is the best single punch knockout artist since Julian Jackson and it was a flukey temple shot is why Khan got hurt.
                  like everybody else eats alot in training camp.....

Comment

Originally posted by tjose385 View Post
                    you rarely eat on the day of weigh-ins anyway. so thats no excuse
                    Wrong.

Most boxer's will go straight out to eat after the weigh in and get as much in as they possibly can.

AFAIK, the Khan weigh in was at 2pm and it was the start of September, which means it doesn't go dark in the UK till around 9.30pm and gets light at around 7 am, that is a long time too go without food for a professional boxer mate.

Comment

Khan's strengthes and weaknesses have been laid out there now...he's quick and fairly agile with formidable power
                      Gomez said his power wasn't that good, it was the number and accuracy of the punches that caused the problems.

It's towards the end of the interview

Comment

Working...
                      X