Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are praising Jacobs for beating Quillin, but how good was Quillin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are praising Jacobs for beating Quillin, but how good was Quillin?

Don't get me wrong, I think Jacobs is the #2 at Middleweight and will give GGG a good fight as long his chin holds up.

Some Facts about Jacobs, all according to Boxrec:

Jacobs got knocked out by Pirog, the same Pirog GGG signed to fight for his HBO debut, Pirog got injured and had to pull out, end his career.

Jacobs Top 10 Wins
    1. Peter Quillin (B)
    2. Sergio Mora (C)
    3. Caleb Truax (C)
    4. Ishe Smith (C)
    5. Jarrod Fletcher (C)
    6. Giovanni Lorernzo (D)
    7. Michael Walker (Cabdriver)
    8. Chris Fitzpatrick (Plumber)
    9. Jose Varela (Burgerflipper)
    10. Keenan Collins (Postman)

Peter Quillin is the best win of Jacobs, but is Quillin such a great win as people suggest? What did Quillin achieve, who did he beat?

Peter Quillin Top 5 Wins (rest are not worthy)
    1. Ndam (B-) (lost to Lemieux, GGG schooled Lemieux)
    2. Gabe Rosado (C)
    3. Lucas Konecny (C)
    4. Fernando Guerrero (C)
    5. Jesse Brinkley (D)

Maybe we can get an unbiased discussion going about Quillin and what made Quillin such a good win for Jacobs, Maybe i am missing something here. How is Quillin any better than Lemieux or Murray for example?

Quillen was a top 5 mw. Can't praise all ggg wins over top 10 mw then disregard Jacobs win over quillen.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      Quillen was a top 5 mw. Can't praise all ggg wins over top 10 mw then disregard Jacobs win over quillen.
      Please let someone post who has the IQ to understand my thread and is able to give valid reasons what made Quillin a great win for Jacobs.

Comment

Quillen would be the biggest name on GGG resume sadly. Even thoughQuillin himself was vastly overrated. He was getting beat by Rosado if it wasnt from that eye...

Comment

Quillin is okay but a bit of a weight bully funny how Jacobs sparked him out.
          Watch him against Andy Lee he struggled a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
            Quillen would be the biggest name on GGG resume sadly. Even thoughQuillin himself was vastly overrated. He was getting beat by Rosado if it wasnt from that eye...
            Kell Brook has more punch resistance than Quillin

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Please let someone post who has the IQ to understand my thread and is able to give valid reasons what made Quillin a great win for Jacobs.
              ? Was I wrong? Was he not a top 5 mw? How do you praise ggg for his top 10 mw wins but not agree quillen was a good win for Jacobs?

Comment

People were excited about it because no one really likes Quillin

Comment

quillen was a good win he was ranked top 5, Quillen is a limited fighter with power n both hands and no amature background he will never beat any of the top. it was a good win, everyone praises GGGs top 10 list u cant do that and then trash the quillen win who was top 5, if GGG koed quillen first it would be mentioned that he beat a top 5 MW

Comment

lemieux got his title by beating ndam.. and beat him 3 yrs after quillin did.. so prob just as good as david

Comment

Working...
                    X