Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Quillin the guy to give GGG props if they fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Lara a guy who I want to see fight GGG? Sure why not. I would rather see a GGG-Canelo or GGG-Jacobs or GGG-Lee 100 times more though.

Lara simply is not interesting, but if nothing else is available, I will watch it.

Comment

because quillin is great. have you seen the man fight? quillin never hesitates

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Well I can truthfully say this, and Im not trying to be a wise guy, outside of this forum, not a single person I interact with has ever said they want to see that fight. That goes for casuals as well as industry people that I speak with often.

But Ive said many times, if the powers that be want to make that fight, I'll certainly watch it. I just believe the only purpose for the fight would be to silence the "but but but but lara doe" crowd, but who are we kidding. After GGG puts Lara in the 3rd row, they will become "ggg picking on 154 doe" or some other stupid ****.

I just dont see the point of constantly debating a fight that has little, if any, chance of being made. HBO knows Lara would stink up the joint. HBO knows that anything the zombie Angulo can do, GGG can do 100x better. Its simply not a compelling fight to the masses, and more importantly its not a compelling fight to the shot callers.

Its really absurd when people say this fighter is scared of that fighter, and blah blah blah. The only thing more ******ed than that though is saying that fans of a certain fighter are scared of a particular fight. That has to be the single most idiotic thing Ive ever heard. Why would a fan be scared of a fight? We're not the ones getting hit. Sure, I like GGG, but the truth is that if he loses a fight it doesnt impact my life 1 bit. I'll still like him, and I'll still watch his next fight.
        I agree with you. Lara was held to a draw by Molina and Vans and he lost to Williams even if it was a bad decision. Lara had to come from behind to overcome two knockdowns by crude slugger Angulo and now Lara is a threat to GGG????? GGG has never even been in a close fight or been hurt. He has the best KO percentage of any champion. If Angulo drops Lara twice then GGG knocks him out as sure as death and taxes. Lara is just talking anyway. His promoter has never made a legit written offer to GGG's promoter. Lara could challenge the other 154 and 160 pound champions but he wants the publicity that comes from calling out GGG.

Comment

Honestly Qullin was a good prospect once upon of time. I remember how excited I was when he fought N'dam, one of the best fights I ever seen but the dude attitude drastically changed after that. He regressed skill wise and the fact that he didn't want to fight GGG to prove how good he was set off alarms among the true boxing fans.

But to answer you question, He's an American and at that time I think he was training outside of The Wild Card with Joe Brown. He was getting quality sparring and looking the part of a true up and coming champion. However that was 2013 and any chance Quillin had of beating GGG is long gone. GGG has gotten better while Quillin has looked worst.

But like I said after the N'dam fight everything went south. He looked worst and worst every fight and basically conceded the top MW spot to GGG. That's not something a true fighter does.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I agree with you. Lara was held to a draw by Molina and Vans and he lost to Williams even if it was a bad decision. Lara had to come from behind to overcome two knockdowns by crude slugger Angulo and now Lara is a threat to GGG????? GGG has never even been in a close fight or been hurt. He has the best KO percentage of any champion. If Angulo drops Lara twice then GGG knocks him out as sure as death and taxes. Lara is just talking anyway. His promoter has never made a legit written offer to GGG's promoter. Lara could challenge the other 154 and 160 pound champions but he wants the publicity that comes from calling out GGG.
            exatly. Angulo is about as fast as a glacier, and if he could put Lara on the floor twice, what do these people think GGG would do to him?

Its silly.......

But you alot touched on an interesting point, in regards to call outs. Why is it that Lara never calls out other PBC fighters? He's (decubis) always calling for fights that everyone knows are unlikely, if not impossible, to make. Yet he is oddly silent about other fighters in his own stable. I find that to be a bit peculiar......

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Lemiuex was knocked out by Rubio and outboxed by Alcine.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                In swear bro I think you've either got a split personality, or you share this account with someone else. Because sometimes you post pretty insightful stuff, but other times its things like this.

Lemieuix ran out of gas against rubio, and lost a majority decision to alcine 4 years ago. come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Fights happened years ago when Lemule was 21 but that doesn't stop you from holding it against him so shouldn't you hold Lara setbacks against him.

In my opinion neither matters.

But at least Lemule has the equalizer. Lara truly has no chance against GGG. Lara has gotten by using his amateur style in the pros. But GGG is a more prolific amateur and better pro. You think GGG has seen Lara at least 100 times in the amateurs.

Not saying it's a bad fight but GGG isn't required to fight Lara because you and few other weirdos say so.

Comment

Lol at the dudes in here acting like this wasn't the case just six months ago.

Lots of GGG detractors were saying this, "if he beats quillin, then I'll respect him, but he hasn't fought anyone yet". The funny thing about that comment isn't that they will give GGG respect if he beat Quillin, but saying GGG hasn't beaten anyone yet. Who in the hell has Quillin beat?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Quillins resume is garbage. He was never a good boxer, overrated power and been hiding. So why is it that when people said GGG fights no one, Quillin was the name that gives GGGs resume respect?

He was a better opponent and more DANGEROUS than Willie Monroe, RUbio and a lot of guys he already fought

Quillin was a former titleholder and was undefeated until this weekend...Also he presented problems GGG hasn't really dealt with....speed, power, height and reach

It was a good match up and Qullin was proven against top ten opposition...drew with Lee, beat former 154 champion Winky Wright, N'jikam, and a few common opponents with GGG

its not that hard to figure out that he would have been one of his better wins and opponents had it went down

Big ups to Danny Jacobs, a lot of people wrote him off because of his one loss and now they will do it to quillin. I'd like Jacobs and Quillin to do it again if Jacobs cant get the winner or Lee-Saunders or better yet feed him to GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X