Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ivan Drago's "Scienctific training" >>> Rocky's "old School" training - In Real Life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivan Drago's "Scienctific training" >>> Rocky's "old School" training - In Real Life?

i remember watching Rocky 4, where Drago was using sports science techniques, training in some hi-tech facility with all sorts of state of the art equipment (and PEDs?).. while Rocky was running in the snow, old school style, chopping wood using traditional training methods. The way it was filmed was to make Drago appear sinister and unnatural by relying on science, while Rocky was portrayed as wholesome and pure by using "traditional" training..

nowadays i hear some people say that athletes are fitter than they ever been because of sports science so question is, in real life is the Drago scientific method (minus the PEDs) more successful than Rocky's traditional sh**?

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    ...so question is, in real life is the Drago scientific method (minus the PEDs) more successful than Rocky's traditional sh**?
    In short, yes. You train at the optimal level to produce results.

Comment

who won the fight? i'm not good with us geography but im pretty sure philly is closer to the midwest than russia.
      midwest fighters are the best fighters period

Comment

At the end of the day.
        Mayweather is right.
        It's down to hard work and dedication.
        Having a team of sports scientists monitoring your every move makes little difference if you haven't trained from a young age and put in the hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
          At the end of the day.
          Mayweather is right.
          It's down to hard work and dedication.
          Having a team of sports scientists monitoring your every move makes little difference if you haven't trained from a young age and put in the hard work
          Of course, but all other things being equal I'd tend to favour the guy with the extra edge - of course the sports lab in Rocky IV was pure fiction, but I'd have to consider it a plus to have a nutritionist, S&C coach etc. on your team.

Comment

Yes, boxing is very much in the old old school when it comes to conditioning.

Comment

Now I've got the training montage song stuck in my head.

Comment

Well, Rocky was getting dominated, his heart won him the fight, which is not something you can be taught, so on a purely training point of view, clearly the scientific training will be more effective in making you a stronger and more effective athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Of course, but all other things being equal I'd tend to favour the guy with the extra edge - of course the sports lab in Rocky IV was pure fiction, but I'd have to consider it a plus to have a nutritionist, S&C coach etc. on your team.

they had all sorts of monitoring systems going on for drago which is something quite a few fighters do these days but not in such a dramatic fashion, it's more like sending off blood tests rather than the live monitoring drago used... but the principle and effect is the same..

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    i remember watching Rocky 4, where Drago was using sports science techniques, training in some hi-tech facility with all sorts of state of the art equipment (and PEDs?).. while Rocky was running in the snow, old school style, chopping wood using traditional training methods. The way it was filmed was to make Drago appear sinister and unnatural by relying on science, while Rocky was portrayed as wholesome and pure by using "traditional" training..

nowadays i hear some people say that athletes are fitter than they ever been because of sports science so question is, in real life is the Drago scientific method (minus the PEDs) more successful than Rocky's traditional sh**?
                    Minus the steroids come on most of these guys who are boxing over 35 are on HGH or steroids.

Comment

Working...
                    X