No announcement yet.

Best Commentator in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Commentator in Boxing?

I personally pick Paulie Malignaggi because he has the professional knowledge being a two weight world champion and is not just a fan of the sport which helps him give us an in depth analysis. His voice doesnt bother me either and unfortunately just like singing not everyone has the voice for it. He understand and knows how a fighter feels EXACTLY in a certain situation. Its great because for those of us who havent and will not box with relevant knowledge and understand a sport we wont participate in but still love dearly.

So its quite simple people whom do you all think is the best commentator in boxing?

Paulie and it's really not even close.

Comment

<---------------------

Paulie is a close 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        I personally pick Paulie Malignaggi because he has the professional knowledge being a two weight world champion and is not just a fan of the sport which helps him give us an in depth analysis. His voice doesnt bother me either and unfortunately just like singing not everyone has the voice for it. He understand and knows how a fighter feels EXACTLY in a certain situation. Its great because for those of us who havent and will not box with relevant knowledge and understand a sport we wont participate in but still love dearly.

So its quite simple people whom do you all think is the best commentator in boxing?
        Paulie is by far the best analyst in any network. He gives a great analysis from a fighters point of view and delivers knowledge that others simply can't because they've never been in the ring. Other guys like Roy, Ward, and Hopkins just don't do as good of a job with their delivery. He's pretty much spot on with all his observations. I would love to team him up with Kellerman that would be epic.

Comment

Malignaggi but I really liked Tarver as well, wish he was still commentating.

Comment

Huh? Oh you said BEST, my bad. In all seriousness - Paulie, Kellerman, Lampley...RJJ on a good day, and Manny Steward when he was alive.
            Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Max Kellerman atg Rigotard and Roy's nemesis.

Comment

Kellerman is really good as well. He says things that you or me would be thinking while watching the fight.

And he's very good at telling the casual fan who the boxers are, what they're good at, and what they're not good at.
                Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 02-05-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

One of these guys need to hire Chris Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post

Huh? Oh you said BEST, my bad. In all seriousness - Paulie, Kellerman, Lampley...RJJ on a good day, and Manny Steward when he was alive.
                    Lmao best pic ever

I'd have to pick Larry Merchant just for how much he pissed off Floyd and he did make good observations no matter how much people were butthurt about him being straight to the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X