No announcement yet.

Heavy Bag Hanging Height

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bag Hanging Height

What is the recommended height to hang my heavy bag?

This is the bag I picked up:
    everlast.com/Professional-Ploycanvas-Heavy-Bag/productinfo/EVPCB/

And this is the wall hanger I got:
    tko.com/store/pc/item-details.asp?idcategory=47&idproduct=363

Also I'm 5'6" so I don't know if this makes a difference.

Thanks guys.

the bag you got looks like it will not with stand heavy pounding,and the wall hanger will not hold it up,i may be wrong,but if it works for you then hang the bag so the bottom of the bag is at your waist height,this way you can work the body, throw hooks, uppercuts,try a left hook to the body then a left hook up higher,it is a good combo,good luck in training,and remember keep your chin tucked in,also when you jab,jab again then throw the right

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
      the bag you got looks like it will not with stand heavy pounding,and the wall hanger will not hold it up,i may be wrong,but if it works for you then hang the bag so the bottom of the bag is at your waist height,this way you can work the body, throw hooks, uppercuts,try a left hook to the body then a left hook up higher,it is a good combo,good luck in training,and remember keep your chin tucked in,also when you jab,jab again then throw the right
      Why don't you think the bag and hanger are good enough for pounding on?

Comment

it looks like the bag is filled with hay and newspaper,it does not look full,do you have to put air in it,and the hanger looks like it is for jackets,a bag should hang from the ceiling with a solid chain hooked to a secure 2 by 4,remember when you throw a jab throw another jab[double up]then throw a right

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
          it looks like the bag is filled with hay and newspaper,it does not look full,do you have to put air in it,and the hanger looks like it is for jackets,a bag should hang from the ceiling with a solid chain hooked to a secure 2 by 4,remember when you throw a jab throw another jab[double up]then throw a right

ha-ha... I get it, your the forum clown... Good one.

Comment

I've been told the bottom of the bag should be hanging slightly above your knees.

I'm not an expert, but that bag looks really, really cheap and flimsy.

If I were you I'd return it and either get a better one or if you can't afford it save up for a better one. Because that doesn't look like it's going to last too long.

Comment

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...ning-bags.html

http://www.ringside.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LHBRD

these would be better options, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                I've been told the bottom of the bag should be hanging slightly above your knees.

If I were you I'd return it and either get a better one or if you can't afford it save up for a better one. Because that doesn't look like it's going to last too long.
                whoever told you is wrong,the bottom of the bag should hang just a little above the waist this way you can throw uppercuts
                Last edited by mrboxer; 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post

thats probably true for mma but not boxing

Comment

Working...
                  X