Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What good or great heavyweights were KO'ed by body shots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What good or great heavyweights were KO'ed by body shots?

Sorry if this has been done before but I started thinking the other day how rare it was to see a Heavyweight KO'ed by body shots. I came up with a few names but I really didn't get far. I was going to post this is the general forum but it's clear I'll get more and better answers in here. I thought pretty hard about this and it's tougher than you may think.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Sorry if this has been done before but I started thinking the other day how rare it was to see a Heavyweight KO'ed by body shots. I came up with a few names but I really didn't get far. I was going to post this is the general forum but it's clear I'll get more and better answers in here. I thought pretty hard about this and it's tougher than you may think.
    Good question!.. You're right, i don't think there are too many..

The one that comes to mind immediately is the shot in the 'slats' delivered by Bob Fitzsimmons to Jim Corbett..
    Although way past his prime, Joe Bugner was KO'd by a body shot in which i believe was his penultimate fight vs Scott Welch, the punch breaking two of his ribs..

Comment

Ron Lyle was knocked out in the first round by a left hook to the body by Gerry Cooney

Comment

wow, I knew it was a tough topic, but is that all we got?

Comment

Working...
        X