No announcement yet.

Watching film on oppponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    It's stupid not to watch film.... Being extremely prepared for your opponent is not a bad thing
    so you are saying Floyd is stupid?

Comment

I think there's a difference between "watching film" and watching a fight. If Floyd says he doesn't watch tape to study and opponent, that's fine, he can leave it to his trainers. But there's no way that he has never seen a Manny Pacquiao fight and is unaware of what he does.

Comment

Matthysse said he only did it once before the Vivian Harris fight and quickly turned it off because it made him think "what am I getting myself in to?" Lol

Comment

In my opinion it is very well worth it to study the guy you could, or are about too, fight. The head trainer in my gym tells us to stay away from things like youtube or Facebook in terms of seeing if opponents have footage of themselves though, and his reason was that he always thought it was pointless. Reason being, if you do not see how good he is, you won't be worried about fighting him. If you see how bad he is, you won't get over confident in yourself beating him.

I understand that, but I also feel it is pretty vital to find things you can do/cant do vs a particular guy.

Especially at this top level for these guys...I tend not to believe it when they say they do not watch anything. At the very least they have team members taking notes. I find it hard to believe that top echelon fighters do not take time to study an opponent.

Comment

I believe trainers should watch films to look for flaws and things to train for but fighters shouldn't really.

Comment

Working...
            X