Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best parts of your body to condition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best parts of your body to condition?

I am off actual training that includes punching for a bit. What parts of my body should I focus on while on this short break? What parts do I need to train to prevent future injuries?

Originally posted by RayNguyen View Post
    I am off actual training that includes punching for a bit. What parts of my body should I focus on while on this short break? What parts do I need to train to prevent future injuries?
    What weight division do you compete in?

Comment

To prevent future injuries, probably your core and alignment because almost all boxing movement involves the core.

For boxing in general, training the heart and lungs are always good (cardiovascular training).

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        What weight division do you compete in?
        Aiming for USA Boxing Welter Weight
        152 lbs 69Kg

Comment

Always run. If you take just a couple of weeks off of running, you will notice the difference. You will just gas out quicker.

Core is always good. Probably second most important system to develop next to cardiovascular. You probably get enough of a shoulder/back/arm workout from regular training. It’s good to give those muscles a break.

Massage therapy is a good way to recover sore muscles I think. Talk to and develop a relationship with a massage therapist. Tell him/her what muscles bother you, and how you are feeling. This can get expensive though.

Comment

Agreed about core and cardio. But consider working on wrists and forearms, too, to build up some extra meat on those. Same goes for neck and shoulders - keep them strong and limber.

Comment

Working...
            X