No announcement yet.

Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Why did Joshua not get extra recovery time Wilder got which we were all told is within the rules when fighting in NY? The rule, which seems like a joke rule to me, was brought in to action for Deontay Wilder but not for Joshua.

That rule needs taking out of the New York play book as it is nothing more than a tool to protect American fighters from losing. If any fighter needed looking at by a ring side doctor it was Anthony Joshua, he seemed concussed. Wilder was just getting battered like in most normal fights.

We cant have these Americans having one rule for their own and one for everybody else. And American want to cry about not wanting to fight in the UK? Im not surprised, there is much less chance they will get away with PEDDING in the UK and there is much less chance of a robbery.
    Yet if it did happen and the fight was called off almost every Pom would be calling bs stoppage.
    AJ got more time given to him than any other boxer that I have seen in a similar position.
    Face it Poms AJ got ktfo and embarrassed which by large embaresses you Brits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
      If the ringside physician checked on Joshua between rounds and was satisfied with his or her findings why would the fight be delayed? Just for the hell of it? How long have you been following boxing? What exactly is the point here? I attended the Kownacki/Arreola fight and there was one round where Arreola was given a second look based on an accumulation of punishment. There was no favoritism or bias involved. Kownacki rightfully did not whine about it after the fight. Joshua not given a second look after the third round had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight. Do you want every fight delayed after someone is stunned. Shut the fu.k up already with the B.S. The boxing fans from the U.K are some of the most ignorant, irrational clowns on this planet. I cannot believe that this is even a serious thread. What arseholes!
      The point isn't to give more time to AJ. The point is Wilder was protected. Why didn't they look at Wilder during the minute instead of waiting for it to be over before looking at him? Wilder was coming out for the 8th but the doctors stopped him from doing so to give him extra time.

As for a mong like you calling us irrational, that's extreme irony. The most irrational morons on this site are American. You couldn't point out anything irrational from us because it exists only in your f3cked up mind. You're so delusional, it's a serious mental illness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Why didn't they look at Wilder during the minute instead of waiting for it to be over before looking at him?
        Because they're not supposed to interfere with the corner's ability to help their fighter recover. In NY, the doctor checks the fighter before they go out for the next round if there is serious doubt about their ability to continue. It happens in NY all the time. Plenty of examples have been posted in this thread. It's not unique to Wilder.

The round after Joshua got knocked down, the doctor wasn't considering stopping the fight, so there was no reason to check on Joshua to see if he could continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          I just want a fair fight with a fair conclusion.
          There’s so many ways to look at this of course. Still I have to ask, What’s fair about AJ getting to pick the location of both fights against Ruiz? despite getting rubbished? Do losers get choice of venue in the rematch in ur sports as a general rule? What if a west ender picked the time and place against an eastender? Then got sparked. Do u support the loser demanding to pick the venue again for the rematch? Is that class? Does that look cool?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            😂 Duck your response? I have like 26 quoted post to get through. Didn’t even see this one or any others from other poster. I don’t need to duck your response because I think we all concluded that Wilder was given time to recover, nothing to do with safety of said fighter..

when did that happen?

maybe in your mind

so lets try this again:

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Sorry that’s not a good excuse, again let’s try this again. You went and check on a fighter that walked back to his corner on his own accord, a bit wobbly.

But you would not check on the ones that were KD and one who was badly hurt? Ok mate...
            You say wilder:
            a bit wobbly.
            even after receiving about 20 punches from ortiz in that round (yes the videos are time stamped)

you say about AJ: (who had more than 1 min in between kds and ruiz was not pummeling him like ortiz was doing to wilder)
            one who was badly hurt?

and then you finish it with:

Ok mate

and we are expected not to think you are biased?

and again... badly hurt is your opinion. He got up after the 2nd kd took a HUGE breath and put his hands up... if he was "hurt" like you said he wouldn't be able to do all that as quickly as he did

now dont duck it this time

Comment

Working...
            X