Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's Eddie Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it has been nice to see Hearn off the camera with those 45 minute interviews and twisting and changing his narrative every time he talks about boxing, gets really annoying man.

Comment

I cant believe this card isnt on dazn.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Well I'm sure if people request interviews, he gives it. I don't really see where your coming from, you're a bit all over the place. There is plenty of time to promote that fight, and lots of sport on TV at the moment, as I said i'm sure it will be kick off next week and Sky will start with their countdown shows, and you'll see plenty of Hearn. It doesn't need a Joshua style build up.

Whether Whyte has built his profile on the back of Joshua or not, he is probably one of the best 10 paid fighters in world boxing, pretty amazing considering he isn't a world champion or hasn't fought for a world title.

Whyte-Rivas is a good fight, Rivas is dangerous. I'm not sure I completely agree with your analysis though, you keep making the Chisora comparison, but its always dangerous to compare styles even if they are similar, there are a lot of different nuances to both Chisora and Rivas. Also Chisora is highly experienced, there are some things we don't yet know about Rivas based on his lack of experience.

You have to factor in that the training team and the fighter himself approves the opponent...and there is a balance between progressing a fighters career and profile. They still have an objective to make Whyte the best fighter possible, and you can't do that if you put him in only easy fights, Whyte is backing himself, if he wins, and when he does go against one of the big guns again he won't be unprepared.

Its a great fight...i'm not sure why you're complaining.
        Kugan follows him around and he should be out there promoting the fight since it's Matchroom's biggest event this year in the UK. It's also Skysports' first boxing PPV boxing event in the UK in 2019.

I only alluded to that because you're acting like Hearn did anything spectacular for Dillian when the notoriety Dillian enjoys came on the back of how popular Josh is. And now that Josh is temporarily out of the picture (due to Hearn's stupidity), it's time for him to do the job he's paid to do. He won't get a pass from me. If you're paid to do a job, do it.

I'd even wager than Rivas is more experienced as a boxer than Chisora is. He had a great amateur career and beat the likes of Pulev, Hunter and Ruiz. I'd compare his amateur career to the likes of Loma and Usyk - so he isn't a novice. Their styles are also very similar, although Rivas is faster, younger and technically better. And Whyte struggles against that type of style because he's more of a brawler than a pure boxer and he can't fight on the back-foot. So I don't understand the fight since he has nothing to gain from it.

My top-4 boxers are: Josh, Fury, Whyte and Wilder (Ruiz is an outsider). And I believe in Lady Justice and fairness. So if the other two (Wilder and Fury) keep fighting cans, why should Dillian and Josh be the only ones taking tough fights back to back all the time? Matchroom also isn't matching them against styles they're comfortable against - they're getting matched against styles they have a problem dealing with. It's just stupidity at this point. Fair is fair - if the other two want to keep fighting bums to protect their new status and the fans have no problem with it. The same should apply to the other two since it's not like they get credit for beating tough opponents and boxing fans are so fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Specifically he's in Italy, theres a card on Sky tonight. Can tune in at 8pm tonight if people miss him that much, lol
          Heck no, thanks for the invitation though, LOL!!

Comment

lol BangEM you are such a moron. You would only be happy if matchroom matched their fighters against bums so their fighters would never lose. If you were in charge Dillian Whyte would be rematching Dave Allen and Joshua would have fought Charr instead of Ruiz.

Comment

AJ dad is holding him hostage

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                lol BangEM you are such a moron. You would only be happy if matchroom matched their fighters against bums so their fighters would never lose. If you were in charge Dillian Whyte would be rematching Dave Allen and Joshua would have fought Charr instead of Ruiz.
                He's your stereotypical matchroom nuthugging casual. Him and his ilk are a cancer on the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Whyte makes his own decisions, he's on a fight by fight deal with Matchroom. No way was it Hearns idea to price the cheapest tickets at £92.
                  I had to double-check if this was right, £92 is criminal!

Comment

It cant be doing that bad, Dave Allen aint got his nob out yet

Comment

Ldbc

Ticket sales struggling doh

Posters

Well most tickets are sold out...it’s done more than wilders last fights and only .2k ish Is left to sell or a bit more of 20k

Morse of story

Anything ldbc is fake news

Comment

Working...
                      X