Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: We've agreed terms with Chaves. Still talking to Provo & Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley v Brook is the far superior fight but I wouldn't mind Chaves, as long as it delivers as an action fight.

I personally think Provo is highly unlikely, not just because of the weights but because he needs a come back fight. Plus he doesn't deserve a title shot.

Comment

He says a Bradley fight is unlikely until early next year, which is a shame. A Chaves fight is fine for now though.

So it'll be between Khan and Bradley after Chaves.

Comment

I think Chaves is a decent enough fight. He was competitive with Thurman, was beating Rios until the DQ.
        I'm happy with it if it means we see Bradley next. That's a fight i'd love to see.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          He says a Bradley fight is unlikely until early next year, which is a shame. A Chaves fight is fine for now though.

So it'll be between Khan and Bradley after Chaves.
          Well Khan won't happen until May/June time if at all. Khan still has time to duck again.

Bradley can happen early next year.

Much prefer Chaves over Provodnikov for October.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Well Khan won't happen until May/June time if at all. Khan still has time to duck again.

Bradley can happen early next year.

Much prefer Chaves over Provodnikov for October.
            It would be a massive coup to get Bradley to London/Manchester on November 21st.

With HBO & Sky PPV, it might just be enough dough to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              It would be a massive coup to get Bradley to London/Manchester on November 21st.

With HBO & Sky PPV, it might just be enough dough to get him.
              I never saw Bradley as being realistic for this year. Would love it if they could pull it off obviously.

I think Fury-Klitschko is an issue. Sky seem favourites to get it and they wouldn't want to do two PPVs in two months as Brook-Bradley would deserve it's own PPV. Brook-Chaves will probably be combined with Klit-Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I never saw Bradley as being realistic for this year. Would love it if they could pull it off obviously.

I think Fury-Klitschko is an issue. Sky seem favourites to get it and they wouldn't want to do two PPVs in two months as Brook-Bradley would deserve it's own PPV. Brook-Chaves will probably be combined with Klit-Fury.
                It certainly seems to have come out of the blue. But I think Brook feels himself he needs to provide the fans with a big fight. Chaves is respectable, but not someone who'll get anyone overly excited. It's just a standard defense really.

Bradley would be a massive fight and would make Brook a star in the US too. Bradley is incredibly respected there - So it makes sense. Especially also to build the Khan fight.

I think Hearn has the shame to make 2 PPV shows on Sky in the space of a month. And also, people would buy both fights.

BoxNation pulled out, so Sky is almost guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  It certainly seems to have come out of the blue. But I think Brook feels himself he needs to provide the fans with a big fight. Chaves is respectable, but not someone who'll get anyone overly excited. It's just a standard defense really.

Bradley would be a massive fight and would make Brook a star in the US too. Bradley is incredibly respected there - So it makes sense. Especially also to build the Khan fight.

I think Hearn has the shame to make 2 PPV shows on Sky in the space of a month. And also, people would buy both fights.

BoxNation pulled out, so Sky is almost guaranteed.
                  Two PPVs in two months would dilute the buyrates

Comment

The Bradley fight seemed to good to be true. Hopefully Chaves brings his A game so we can have a good bout

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Bradley v Brook is the far superior fight but I wouldn't mind Chaves, as long as it delivers as an action fight.

I personally think Provo is highly unlikely, not just because of the weights but because he needs a come back fight. Plus he doesn't deserve a title shot.
                      And Chaves does? I mean he's a reasonably skilled opponent but he hasn't done anything since getting put on the radar.

Comment

Working...
                      X