Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is broner ducking cesar rene cuenca 43-0?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Lol. Dude, are you really telling me that DeMarco and Abril have the same style? One is a flat footed brawler/pressure fighter and the other is an awkward, slick boxer that likes to jab and move. DeMarco is a bigger puncher but Abril has a way higher Ring IQ.

And Lundy and Broner fight nothing alike.

Your entitled to your opinion and all but I don't think you know enough about Abril to know whether he is a tough opponent or not. Which is nothing to be ashamed of because he had limited footage.
      I know all I need to know about Abril, he lost to Hank Lundy! Thats says it all. You may not think Lundy and Broner are a like but who is better right now? If your answer isn't Broner your in denial.

Demarco and Abril have similar hand speed and Demarco is a decent boxer just like Abril just because Abril looked good against a come forward brawler like Rios doesn't mean he's ready for someone as dynamic as a Broner. He wasn't when he faced a C level Lundy.
      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 12-13-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        You sound like a 14 yo kid. Probably spanish, and have some vendetta against Broner. Abril isn't known as a threat by any means, he's a decent boxer but not good enough to beat Broner. He can run, hide, try to use his reach or whatever else, Broner has 21 KO's out of 25 fights, he has no trouble walking guys like Abril down and knocking them out just like he did Demarco. Like I said I had my doubts about Broner but I don't see him losing until he faces maybe a Khan who is chinny but alot more dynamic then a Abril. Abril had 8 KO he will not be able to keep Broner off of him and Broner doesn't have to chase him around If he decides to run..
        More tricks! Every time I shut you down, you try to use some sort of trick! Now saying I have something against Broner! Oh brother! Comparing Demarco to Abril! Didnt u read the article? Abril has NO intentions on leaning into Broner! Abril is a boxer who USES his reach, not Demarco, a bum, who doesnt! You say Broner doesnt have to chase him down if he decides to run, then how will Broner land? He BETTER chase him down, and even when he does that, he will run into shots because he's too short for that style! Your the only one here who thinks its an easy fight! You say Khan is dynamic, Khan has NO defense, NO skills, he runs in and out and swarms! Abril picks his shots, and has defense! Im not changing my mind man! Just not happening! Everything you say, does nothing.

Comment

• Let the real fans tune in to Broner vs Abril. We all know this is a risky fight and even in losing, Abril will most likely walk out of the ring having people doubt if Broner is that good to begin with[which to me he still will be, its just that Abril is underrated]. He looks like a spoiler, like the type of guy who just won't let you clearly beat him. Even if Broner gets the W, I want to see how he gets it and if Abril makes it an ugly win for Broner. The type of ugly win which lowers the winners' stock a little bit.

I'm very surprised Broner is accepting this fight. So risky, it's not even funny. Abril is like the Carlos Molina of 135. Little power but an ugly style that makes you look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            He isn't....
            I stand corrected. He fought on Top Rank's card this past weekend though so TR does have a cozy relationship with his Mexican promoter. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Broner fight him down the road.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            It's a damn shame that we have a young fighter seeking to take on the toughest challenges in his division and people still *****, complain and downplay his opposition.
            It's ridiculous. Broner deserves respect for taking this route, not criticism.

Comment

I know all I need to know about Abril, he lost to Hank Lundy! Thats says it all. You may not think Lundy and Broner are a like but who is better right now? If your answer isn't Broner your in denial.
              Lol...what does that have to do with anything I said?

Denial of what? Lol...Broner is 85x better than Lundy and always has been. When did I ever say he wasn't?

And I've been said I expect Broner to clean out 135. But ****ting on Abril as an opponent is just hating. This is a good fight and Broner deserves credit for it. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                More tricks! Every time I shut you down, you try to use some sort of trick! Now saying I have something against Broner! Oh brother! Comparing Demarco to Abril! Didnt u read the article? Abril has NO intentions on leaning into Broner! Abril is a boxer who USES his reach, not Demarco, a bum, who doesnt! You say Broner doesnt have to chase him down if he decides to run, then how will Broner land? He BETTER chase him down, and even when he does that, he will run into shots because he's too short for that style! Your the only one here who thinks its an easy fight! You say Khan is dynamic, Khan has NO defense, NO skills, he runs in and out and swarms! Abril picks his shots, and has defense! Im not changing my mind man! Just not happening! Everything you say, does nothing.
                I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just stating the facts. Abril is a bum, a C or D level fighter with 3 loses to C- level fighters, while Broner is a young undefeated former featherweight and current lightweight world champion Boxer-puncher with 21 KO's out of 25 fights. I think the odds favor Broner that why GB is picking Abril for him to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Let the real fans tune in to Broner vs Abril. We all know this is a risky fight and even in losing, Abril will most likely walk out of the ring having people doubt if Broner is that good to begin with[which to me he still will be, its just that Abril is underrated]. He looks like a spoiler, like the type of guy who just won't let you clearly beat him. Even if Broner gets the W, I want to see how he gets it and if Abril makes it an ugly win for Broner. The type of ugly win which lowers the winners' stock a little bit.

I'm very surprised Broner is accepting this fight. So risky, it's not even funny. Abril is like the Carlos Molina of 135. Little power but an ugly style that makes you look bad.
                  Thats how I feel! I wanna see this one bad, and Broner gets props for stepping to the plate, because he didnt have to fight him! Everything you say is dead on! Its super risky, but if Broner wins and looks ugly, his stock will drop! I see Broner having loads of problems! He wll probably have to get a KO on the later rounds!

Comment

Maybe you need to watch Abril-Rios again, I'm not a judge, but like I said outside of a few flashy flurries and jabs, Abril was inactive for a lot of the Rios fight, he didn't beat Rios down, he was just trying to do enough to get the "W" but like I said If your not the cash cow or known like a Mayweather then judges aren't going to give someone like Abril the benefit of the doubt. Either way he loses to Broner like he lost to Lundy. He's nothing special. He's a bum C level fighter, Adrien is close to elite.
                    I only needed to watch that fight once. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't close, so there was no need nor desire to re-watch it. It was such an obvious win for Abril that there was a nearly universal outcry over it, even from Mexican and Mexican-American fans. Interestingly, one of the judges on that disgusting card actually wasn't blind or corrupt. She actually scored it 117-111 for Richard. Two days after the fight, the WBA officially announced that Abril would be allowed to keep his interim lightweight title. What does that tell you?

It's eminently clear that you're not a judge. I don't know where it's written that in order to get a "W" you need to "beat (your opponent) down."

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Lol...what does that have to do with anything I said?

Denial of what? Lol...Broner is 85x better than Lundy and always has been. When did I ever say he wasn't?

And I've been said I expect Broner to clean out 135. But ****ting on Abril as an opponent is just hating. This is a good fight and Broner deserves credit for it. Period.
                      Why is it a good fight when Abril has loses to C- level fighters one of which was a mere sparring partner for Broner as little as 2 months ago. Its a safe fight that Broner is expected to win. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X