Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular between white Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is boxing popular between white Americans?

Hi, please let me ask this to you, people who live in the USA.

I'm from Spain; I've been following boxing since December, 2012 (PacMárquez IV) and I noticed that there is almost any white American boxer at the top, all the talented American boxers are black or Hispanics.

I'm just curious because totally opposite happens in the UK with a lot of white champions (Frampton, Saunders, Fury, Burns, Hatton, Froch, Quigg, Liam Smith...).

Do white people pay attention to boxing in the USA? Or only hispanics and blacks do and whites stick to MMA?

Obviously I'm just curious, I'm not racist and I don't care about the ethnicity of boxers I like.
    Last edited by BoliviaChiLEsp; 07-11-2016, 06:54 AM.

Um, what about Andre Ward or Rocky Balboa? They're probably the best white american boxers ever

One of them is a fictional character though, but he's the best thing that White Americans had in boxing

Besides Ward and Balboa, the best white american boxer is some guy who knocked down Fonfara recently....I don't remember his name though....Trying hard to remember his name, but I really can't...Yeah, that guy is the best white american boxer now
    Last edited by g27region; 07-11-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Finding any non-hispanic who knows 3 active boxers is a surprise in the US.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 07-11-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

seems like they're more interested in grappling-based combat sports

Comment

Yes. But more younger white males follow MMA

Comment

Great thread. Now I understand more about NSB.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik. And also, not having white champs doesn't mean white people automatically aren't into the sport. I'm from the UK, and I'd say my black friends are more knowledgeable than my white friends on average about the sport, even though only one of our thirteen/fourteen champs are black.

Comment

White American men are being bullied by black males since childhood and feel helpless when black men talk to their women. A white man may yell "I'm not racist!" when a black guy robs him, just to make sure he doesn't hurt him too badly. In other words, white Americans have mentally lost before they step into the ring, it's an inferiorty complex thing.

The white Europeans doesn't suffer from that inferiorty complex, so that's why they can fight, unlike white Americans. White Europeans are some of the best fighters in the world and black Americans are some of the best fighters in the world. White Americans are nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                  Kelly Pavlik. And also, not having white champs doesn't mean white people automatically aren't into the sport. I'm from the UK, and I'd say my black friends are more knowledgeable than my white friends on average about the sport, even though only one of our thirteen/fourteen champs are black.
                  Kell, Degale and Joshua are Black.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    White American men are being bullied by black males since childhood and feel helpless when black men talk to their women. A white man may yell "I'm not racist!" when a black guy robs him, just to make sure he doesn't hurt him too badly. In other words, white Americans have mentally lost before they step into the ring, it's an inferiorty complex thing.

The white Europeans doesn't suffer from that inferiorty complex, so that's why they can fight, unlike white Americans. White Europeans are some of the best fighters in the world and black Americans are some of the best fighters in the world. White Americans are nothing.

What the actual ****? lol Have about seen it all now.

Comment

Working...
                    X