Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosado "GGG's gloves were missing padding. Felt like a bat hitting top of my head"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    This has been disputed and debunked years ago.
    My bad if it was

Comment

good boy edition gloves

Comment

Originally posted by dirty fingers View Post
        Yep. About a thousand alts.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Thread starter is the alt of about.thousands.
          Next time @ me. Why would I make an alt to criticize GGG when I do it from this account all the time?

Secondly, Breadman Edwards mentioned this on Twitter this weekend. I think it's a valid topic to discuss.

kevinhorn_KH idk just my observations. GGG gloves were considerably tighter and smaller. Take a look for yourself...

https://twitter.com/BreadmanBoxing/status/724308983587176450

Comment

That odd portion in the glove is in all Grants. It fits around the unique Grant thumb. I do think Grant gloves can be sketchy but I don't think what Rosado is saying was legit because if you hit the top of someone's head w/ no protection, you break your hand.

Comment

Are you sure GGG doesn't pack his gloves? Since Grants are foam you can mush the foam and pack it making it harder when you hit because Kovalev does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                I can't see the pics?

I tried going to the site, but don't see anything.
                Frickin instagram embeds...

It's just pics of GGG's gloves the Grant put up.

Elvis Grant Phillips hand customizes gloves for a number of fighters other than GGG, including BHop, Spence, Brook, Jack, Ward and Mayweather.

Comment

Point being, Elvis Grant Phillips isn't going to risk his name and business making some illegal **** for Golovkin.

Comment

What a bunch of bull****. The athletic commission carefully inspects the gloves to be used in a fight. Gloves like Rosado described would never be allowed to be used in a boxing match. Boxers hate to lose and some of them come up with cry baby excuses for their loses. If Rosado thought GGG's gloves were missing padding over the knuckles then why didn't he tell his corner. Upon hearing GGG's gloves were missing padding over the knuckles his corner could scream bloody murder to the referee and any other officials they could tell about it until the gloves were inspected. There are posters on here that hate GGG beyond all reason and search and search for anything at all that might discredit him.

Comment

I am a fan but I've always said his gloves look flat - maybe he punches the wall like Kovalev to harden them up. Either way it needs to be addressed by GGG himself and make some deliberate concessions immediately after his fights.
                      Last edited by Mike Haynes; 04-27-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X