Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kellerman says that with each Canelo win the better Floyd looks in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo beats GGG, it will be like Floyd beat GGG.

Triangles FTW.

Comment

I dis agree. Canelo was a very green fighter at the time.

He was popular but he wasnt anything more than a C plus fighter. He is a B fighter today.

He he was fighting lopez and gomez at 154 while they were 140 pound fighters. Trout was a controversial win in texas.
      And trout isnt all that

Floyd beat this popular overated kid
      At a catchweight.

It imo is one of the most overated victories in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        I dis agree. Canelo was a very green fighter at the time.

He was popular but he wasnt anything more than a C plus fighter. He is a B fighter today.

He he was fighting lopez and gomez at 154 while they were 140 pound fighters. Trout was a controversial win in texas.
        And trout isnt all that

Floyd beat this popular overated kid
        At a catchweight.

It imo is one of the most overated victories in boxing history.
        Floyd has to Beg, borrow and steal credit. Floyd fans didn't have a lot to cheer about until recently. Not along ago fkloyd fans would boast about Floyd's win over gatti, that's all they had almost.
        But now they think on paper nelo is a great win, as is PAC. But PAC is smaller and not far removed from ko to jmm

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          Just stop while your ahead, your argument is weak
          What is weak here Mr Smart?

152 was a joke of a CW, that's a fact

Nelo is more efficient at 155, that's another straight fact.
          If it wasn't the case, he wouldn't have fought Lara, Angulo at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            I wish Floyd had just faced Canelo at 154, instead the win has an asterisk next to it, in what would otherwise look like one of his career defining wins
            Just like Manny's win over Cotto.

They both woulda probably win without the CW by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              How easy it is to forget that it was actually golden boy who offered Floyd a catchweight, and not even the 152 that Floyd counter offered, but actually a 150 catchweight, same catchweight which Canelo won his jnr middleweight title at.

How easy it is to forget that Canelo weighed in at 153 in the fight before Floyd, and therfore only had to lose one extra pound.

How easy it is to forget he was 165 on fight night as opposed to Floyd's 150.

How easy it is to forget that at 150.5 in the one day weigh in, and 150 on fight night, Floyd couldn't even make the 152 catchweight.

How easy it is indeed.
              Great post. Very accurate too.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                Floyds best win to be honest. More impressive than manny to me.
                how could anyone be impress with that performance against pac? of course the canelo win is better. floyd fought a more impressive fight against canelo where as with pac floyd was just too cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                  how could anyone be impress with that performance against pac? of course the canelo win is better. floyd fought a more impressive fight against canelo where as with pac floyd was just too cautious.
                  I dont know i always jsut found it more impressive, he fought the younger bigger guy and schooled him.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    Just like Manny's win over Cotto.

They both woulda probably win without the CW by the way...
                    Yup just like Manny

and obviously so. Catchweights put an unnecessary asterisk next to fights that would have meant so much more otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X