No announcement yet.

Fair Play Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Play Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Boxing

Seems to me he/they have taken over as Britains no. 1 promoter in the last 12 months.

He's done wonders for Froch, got Brook & Rees on the edge of world title shots, is moving Frampton nicely up the ranks & got Darren Barker a shot at Sergio Martinez. Things didn't go so well for Dudey but that's more down to his limitations.

I know many on here don't like him (same is true of every promoter) but I feel he's done right by his boxers so far.

I quite like him. Think he's doing a good job. Even got Mccloskey a shot with Khan didn't he and would have had him on the verge of another title shot til Chop Chop whooped him.

Out of the promoters seems to be doing a stand up job. Seems to be one of the few promoters (maybe the only one) who still has his fighters fighting on Sky (could be wrong here).

Definitely better than those slimeballs Warren & Hennessy.

Comment

He's good and he seems fair. The fact that he and Froch are meant to be pals says a lot and the fact that he is always genuinely elated for him fighters.

He is clever with Prizefighter as well and him and matchroom are clever about the fighters they pick to take part.

Before him Kell Brook was scratching around under Warren on undercards, now he is drawing thousands in his hometown which is obviously crucial to any prizefighter wanted to earn some big dough!

Comment

i cant stand his father..
        he is head of snooker and is killing the game

regardless nice to see some one young in the game...

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          I quite like him. Think he's doing a good job. Even got Mccloskey a shot with Khan didn't he and would have had him on the verge of another title shot til Chop Chop whooped him.

Out of the promoters seems to be doing a stand up job. Seems to be one of the few promoters (maybe the only one) who still has his fighters fighting on Sky (could be wrong here).

Mate, no disrespect meant but when I read your posts I do so in a Black Country accent. Well, it sounds like a Black Country accent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Mate, no disrespect meant but when I read your posts I do so in a Black Country accent. Well, it sounds like a Black Country accent to me.
            lol none taken.

God help you trying to imitate a Black Country accent though.

Comment

Ive read before about some promoters screwing Brook earlier in his career or something. Are these the guys and then Matchroom took over Brook or what?

Sorry, I don't follow British boxing like that. I just watch the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Ive read before about some promoters screwing Brook earlier in his career or something. Are these the guys and then Matchroom took over Brook or what?

Sorry, I don't follow British boxing like that. I just watch the fights.
                Brook used to be under Frank Warren and was pretty much a complete unknown. Warren had him fighting on under-cards and ****, not marketing him right at all.

Warren just seems a shady dude and there are quite a few stories about him that confirm my belief about his shadyness lol.

I don't think he's had any involvement with Mick Hennessy. Hennessy used to promote Froch before he jumped to Hearn & he now promotes Tyson Fury. Nothing much wrong with Mick Hennessy, except I just think he looks like a slime-ball lol. Seems like a guy who shouldn't be in this business at all. Just looks like a random fat bloke that's been dragged out of the pub and been given a shave and had a second hand suit slapped on him.
                Last edited by P4P_No1; 07-07-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Brook used to be under Frank Warren and was pretty much a complete unknown. Warren had him fighting on under-cards and ****, not marketing him right at all.
                  Oh, that must be the guy then haha.

Comment

Hearn seems to be the most fighter friendly British promoter and seems to have his fighters interests at heart.
                    Warren is quite happy to tie up his fighters with litigation if they want to leave him. He uses this tactic as a warning to other fighters in his stable to not leave him. Pretty well every big fighter that has been with Warren has split with him and there has to be a reason for it. They always go through the same pattern of expensive litigation in order to rid themselves of the turd Warren. Khan never fully got tied in with him. Each contract was on a limited amounts of fights and Warren tried to pull the sympathy "Loyalty" trick to keep him. There is no loyalty with Warren.
                    I think it is healthy that Hearn is doing well for his fighters and that Cod Eyes is not the only show in town. It is no coincedence Warren got shot but Terry Marsh should have used a bigger calibre gun but he was never a power hitter and ended up using a .22.
                    Froch is a good judge of character and refused to have anything to do with Warren despite that costing him dearly in the early part of his career. The fact he has signed with Hearn says a lot.The Hearn /Froch combo should provide the momentum to put Hearn on the map in a big scale and break Warren's slimey strangle hold on British boxing and that has to be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X