Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Jermall Charlo should happen next...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs Jermall Charlo should happen next...

September is the best date for this fight.
    What do you think?

If he can't get Canelo then Charlo is a great choice. He's dangerous enough to give Golovkin bad trouble and possibly knock him out at this point in both their careers. It also goes the other way around that Golovkin could wear Charlo down and knock him out as well.

Comment

I agree, Canelo should get his tune up in...GGG-Charlo for Mexican independence day would be very nice

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        What do you think?
        I'd rather see the Canelo rematch or a Saunders unification. Charlo just got to 160 and hasn't fought anyone worth a damn. He should be the one fighting someone like Jacobs, Derevyanchanko etc... with 4 titles, nobody ever has to fight anyone to get ranked number 1 in a different organisation than the other top 3 contenders so we get all of them fighting fringe top 10-15 guys instead of each other.

Comment

id be up for that if people promise there wont be another boogeyman after it and they'd give him credit for it. but i know what will happen, he knocks charlo out they'll then say, oh well who had charlo beat, austin trout at 154? he needs to fight andrade to prove himself or some ****.

Comment

Charlo has been begging for this fight since last year,
            so why not give it to him?

Comment

I was hoping for Saunders next.

Then after that, anyone can go. Canelo rematch (eh), Jermall Charlo, Danny Jacobs, but not interested in Derevyanchenko (seriously, people only bringing up his name to hate on Golovkin).

But I think what would be really great of a fight, is him moving up to fight George Groves. He already fought Kell Brook, so UK people probably know of Golovkin, and him fighting Saunders would be another good way to expose himself in the UK. Then, he could have a real big fight against George Groves.

Would anybody seriously complain or claim he's ducking if he moved up and fought George Groves?

Comment

I'm a Charlo fan & I think Charlo might present the biggest challenge to many of the top guys at 160, but how does he deserve the shot at GGG more than anyone else?

I think at BEST he's 3rd in line right now. Dereyvanchenko probably gots next. Canelo gots 2nd to next. And after that I think Charlo might have the best case with his mandatory situation.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  What do you think?
                  If he's not going to fight Saunders or Canelo he has to fight Dreveyenchenko. He's next in line. Charlo is out of the picture for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    I was hoping for Saunders next.

Then after that, anyone can go. Canelo rematch (eh), Jermall Charlo, Danny Jacobs, but not interested in Derevyanchenko (seriously, people only bringing up his name to hate on Golovkin).

But I think what would be really great of a fight, is him moving up to fight George Groves. He already fought Kell Brook, so UK people probably know of Golovkin, and him fighting Saunders would be another good way to expose himself in the UK. Then, he could have a real big fight against George Groves.

Would anybody seriously complain or claim he's ducking if he moved up and fought George Groves?
                    That's exactly what I think will happen. He's gonna fight Canelo and Saunders. Break the MW record for defenses, become undisputed champion and then move up to fight winner of WBSS 168 tournament in the UK then retire. He will be about 38 by then and the Canelo and Saunders fights won't be easy on him IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X