No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua, Hearn Stand Firm: Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
    I wouldn't expect nothing less, AJ has a huge fan base at home. Wilder has no problem traveling, not his first road trip.
    that would have been all good if hearn offered wilder a percentage mate, but hearn said he wasn't worth one, parker was tho

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      joshua literally pulled tape off of his glove in his last fight and called a timeout. there's no way in hell wilder wins a decision over there. i coud see the fight getting stopped early, too, we've seen that plenty of times in england.

i don't think it's goign to go to the cards, obviously, but there's a lot to be said about the impending of feeling of doom that there's no way in hell you can win if it does.

it's not a perfect venue by any stretch, but vegas is the most neutral site for a boxing match on the planet. joshua will probably have aton of people int he bulding.
      Vegas is a stinking ****hole of corruption, as Kovalev and GGG discovered. If I was AJ, I would not even think about fighting Wilder in Vegas.

Comment

• And people wonder why NO U.S. fighters are signing with Eddie The Snake Hearns.

His word is crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smash View Post
          i mean going to vegas is great, for wilder, its a cesspit of home town decisions week in and week out, it happens so often its shock when it doesnt, people may say this fight is not going the distance, but it might and there is no way that wilder could actually decision joshua, except if its in the states and then its a near guarantee i would say unless its a total wipeout from wilder which is very unlikely.

Joshua needs to ko wilder in vegas and vice versa, except thats the only way wilder wins. Plus the ref, so important in these big fights and can often make or break the fight for one guy, vegas is bought, uk is close behind tho p

Then whats wilders purse in this fight if joshua agrees a flat fee? 20 mil, 40 mil, 70 mil? What if the fight really does great somehow. Speculation is great but people are often wrong.
          Vegas isn't anyone's "hometown". That's the biggest horse shet I ever hear people repeat like there is any truth to. While there are plenty of bad decisions out of Las Vegas it's the fight capital of the world. Everyone wants to fight there. I guess when Tony Weeks allowed Marcos Maidana to punch Floyd Mayweather in the back of the head repeatedly it was because he favored the hometown fighter. GTFOH! Jessie Vargas is from Vegas. He's a huge hometown hero! Lol.
          Last edited by peplz; 05-25-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            Hasn't Wilder always been ok with going to the UK? What's the problem then?
            The initial offer was cheap (even if the earnest belief is that the fight only makes $40m, offering Wilder $12.5m put his percieved value to the event at only 30%, about what Parker was valued at allegedly).

If the offer is fair, Wilder has already made it clear that he's fine with it (though the rematch split will be the last hurdle).

Fight is worth $40m according to Eddie Hearn; 40% of that puts Wilder's number at $16m.

$15m against 40% of the take (likely some fixed number between 35% and 40%) for the first fight, with 50/50 for the rematch, and you've likely got a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              I don't see why this is such a big deal for Wilder.
              Because he's need a fùcking knockout to win over there!!! No matter how many knockdowns he gets he's losing in the UK if AJ makes it to 0:00 of round 12.

Learn about the sport and quit being such a casual.

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                Who wants to pay UK taxes ?

I have an eerie feeling they don't want to fight Wilder .
                US and UK have a tax treaty, so that's not even an issue; any taxes paid in the UK will show up as a credit against his US tax obligation. Timing is whatever, but Wilder could literally have whatever money spent in the UK on taxes back to him by March.

Nice try, though

Comment

• hearn should offer wilder 40% to go to the uk, rematch in vegas, that will keep most happy, wilder can KO joshua in front of his home fans and make it a priority to try to get a half decent ref that is not totally biased, and if it does not work out he can repay the compliment in vegas with blind judges and a ref wearing the stars and stripes

if hearn does not offer 35% - 40% for UK and does not take the wilder offer then its a clear duck and he wants to milk joshua for a year or so

Comment

• Originally posted by Smash View Post
                    hearn should offer wilder 40% to go to the uk, rematch in vegas, that will keep most happy, wilder can KO joshua in front of his home fans and make it a priority to try to get a half decent ref that is not totally biased, and if it does not work out he can repay the compliment in vegas with blind judges and a ref wearing the stars and stripes

if hearn does not offer 35% - 40% for UK and does not take the wilder offer then its a clear duck and he wants to milk joshua for a year or so
                    Good posts but one question...

can you milk a duck?

Comment

• Either Wilder or Joshua will end losing a banana skin fight before the Big One is finally agreed upon.

Comment

Working...
                      X