No announcement yet.

Linares is not even that big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    You post a pic with Linares facing straight on, and Loma at a side profile?! Lol, could you be more dishonest??

Linares is bigger. He's not a huge guy though. He's always been really skinny. Not a heavily muscled guy.
    More dishonest, huh? He posted pictures to compare two guys but didn't actually get pictures of them together so I just posted the first two of them next to each other.

I didn't even give an opinion. Linares is bigger but it's nothing crazy, it's really only his frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      The only thing is that muscle gets more dense as you age, thus you do gain a bit of weight, which is why I think a lot of guys in their 30s still sort of "grow out" of a division they have fought in a long time
      There's a very typical progression in boxing... course, not everyone fits into the box, but the vast majority do.

Typically a fighter starting at 19 or 20 will climb a coupla divisions before settling into their 'man' size at 25 or 26. Usually they can stay there till about 30 when it becomes (reportedly) much harder to cut those extra few Lbs and usually they'll move up one more division even though their actual weight in the ring won't be much higher. A few years later many will move up again if they're still fighting - sometimes for better opportunities, sometimes to make it easier on the body - but a disciplined fighter who stays in shape 365 should be able to remain in the weightclass they were in at 30.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-15-2018, 01:51 AM.

Comment

even if OP was right with his pics...good.

It would give more credit to someone "moving up in weight" instead of just draining himself less.

Comment

The fight won't happen. It doesn't benefit Arum or Lomachenko.

If you were a promoter, would you do the fight? No you wouldn't, you'd be scared too and looking out for your fighter's L column. It's not size, it's skill. Why pick on 5'8" Linares, but then say 5'6" Mikey is too big, when both Linares and Mikey can make 135? I'll tell you why, because Linares is garbage, he had lost 3 times and all 3 times by TKO and doesn't have one good name on his resume, an inflated resume full of below average fighters.

No Lomachenko stan gave two ****s about Rigondeaux coming up 2 weight classes to make the fight, in a weight class he's never fought before. They loved it, they gloated, they mention it as his best win. But ask for Lomachenko vs Mikey at 135, where Lomachenko just beat the #1 guy by TKO there, and has now become The Ring champion there...you're asking for too much, you hate him, you want to see him lose, Loma is too little, he should fight Rungvisai next, i've seen Loma in person, he can fit in a Hamster cage, etc. But mention Beltran next, they would love it too, all of a sudden Lightweight is not an issue anymore, Beltran is big but just not good enough to scare them.

I'm a Loma fan, but these stans making excuses are something else. Fans of something else, not the fighter.

Comment

The difference in size was noticeable, Linares having the larger frame / shoulder width / wingspan. I can't see Lomachenko ever being a force at 140, sadly his natural attributes will prevent him from being in the same league - at least when it comes to winning in multiple weight classes - as 2 of the best fighters in modern history, Manny and Floyd.

Floyd had the natural attributes like reach and a perfect defensive style, and Manny had the power which sadly Loma does not. Still a very, very good and entertaining fighter who might be able to get belts at 140 and 147 but probably only from a vacant belt / weak champion.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

If you were a promoter, would you do the fight? No you wouldn't, you'd be scared too and looking out for your fighter's L column. It's not size, it's skill. Why pick on 5'8" Linares, but then say 5'6" Mikey is too big, when both Linares and Mikey can make 135? I'll tell you why, because Linares is garbage, he had lost 3 times and all 3 times by TKO and doesn't have one good name on his resume, an inflated resume full of below average fighters.

No Lomachenko stan gave two ****s about Rigondeaux coming up 2 weight classes to make the fight, in a weight class he's never fought before. They loved it, they gloated, they mention it as his best win. But ask for Lomachenko vs Mikey at 135, where Lomachenko just beat the #1 guy by TKO there, and has now become The Ring champion there...you're asking for too much, you hate him, you want to see him lose, Loma is too little, he should fight Rungvisai next, i've seen Loma in person, he can fit in a Hamster cage, etc. But mention Beltran next, they would love it too, all of a sudden Lightweight is not an issue anymore, Beltran is big but just not good enough to scare them.

I'm a Loma fan, but these stans making excuses are something else. Fans of something else, not the fighter.
              Good to see Some Lomachenko fans Not fooled by Arums B.S.
              Respect to you for keeping it Real.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                There's a very typical progression in boxing... course, not everyone fits into the box, but the vast majority do.

Typically a fighter starting at 19 or 20 will climb a coupla divisions before settling into their 'man' size at 25 or 26. Usually they can stay there till about 30 when it becomes (reportedly) much harder to cut those extra few Lbs and usually they'll move up one more division even though their actual weight in the ring won't be much higher. A few years later many will move up again if they're still fighting - sometimes for better opportunities, sometimes to make it easier on the body - but a disciplined fighter who stays in shape 365 should be able to remain in the weightclass they were in at 30.
                Hey, I still wear 32x32 pants 20 years after high school... I get it. That test level drops slowly after 30-35, so that doesn't help with keeping fat off.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Ummm, moron? Rigo turned down the fight @ 126 too... maybe you remember that, or are you just following the others on here? Educate yourself first.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.skysp...enko-at-126lbs

134 lb rehydration clause... "donaire weighed 140 lbs". Why they double standard?
                  Last edited by Metho_4u; 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    They have him listed at 5'7..thats not really small is it?
                    He is a tiny little man.. if he wasnt this rich boxer, girls would have laughed at him.
                    He looks like Santa’s little elf, one of snow white’s seven dwarfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      Hey, I still wear 32x32 pants 20 years after high school... I get it. That test level drops slowly after 30-35, so that doesn't help with keeping fat off.
                      Ha. Good man. I'm still 32 x 32 at 45 years old, 5'11 177lbs. Never been above 192 and that was when I stopped smoking last year... I think we're probably outliers though.

Comment

Working...
                      X