Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Joshua Clottey? How would he do at 147 right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    never is harsh, Danny Garcia is a top welterweight and former titlist there.

I think Clottey doesnt have enough to beat either guy frfr

he only got by a far smaller judah
    But he should have beat Miguel Cotto.... He had him finished but put his foot off the break.
    He should got the W , everyone knew who the real winner was

U need to rewatch Clottey fights if thats what u think.

He also fought Plaster Marg. With an injury which he coulda won

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      I feel he gets too close to an opponent smothering his power he is a good close mid range puncher , not the wrestling stuff we see,.
      Oh yea... Mid/range was his bread n butter.

Man with the chin,power,defense he had he could/should have been p4p

Comment

Clottey was a solid 147 lber during his time. He should have beaten Cotto, was picking Margarito apart before that unfortunate injury and would've beaten Mosley imo had they encountered that time.

It was HBO and Roach making it a big issue during the Pacquiao fight aftermath that led to the closing doors for Clottey with fight opportunities

Him and Canelo at 154 would have been interesting to watch (sad it was cancelled)

He would easily be one of the top guys in today's 147 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
          Clottey was a solid 147 lber during his time. He should have beaten Cotto, was picking Margarito apart before that unfortunate injury and would've beaten Mosley imo had they encountered that time.

It was HBO and Roach making it a big issue during the Pacquiao fight aftermath that led to the closing doors for Clottey with fight opportunities

Him and Canelo at 154 would have been interesting to watch (sad it was cancelled)

He would easily be one of the top guys in today's 147 fighters.
          I think Clottey would be like Shawn Porter in today's welterweight landscape: A tough out for everybody who could beat the top guys if they bring anything less than their best.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
            But he should have beat Miguel Cotto.... He had him finished but put his foot off the break.
            He should got the W , everyone knew who the real winner was

U need to rewatch Clottey fights if thats what u think.

He also fought Plaster Marg. With an injury which he coulda won
            i will have to rewatch and score but it definitely was no robbery

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              What i just said lol
              Great minds think alike hahaha

Comment

Joshua Clottey was a skilled fighter with good strength and size for the welterweight division. I think he would've had similar success in today's welterweight division as he did back in his time. He would've been able to mix it up with the best, but fallen short of being the best.

Comment

Originally posted by rjj-94-02=goat View Post
                  great minds think alike hahaha
                  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Difficult fight for any of the current top guys. I actually thought he beat Cotto, just a shame he didnt have much power

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      The interview he says “it was an off night”? He had a lot of excuses. Bringing up that he ate some food at a friends that made him feel weird for example. Didn’t think he insinuated fit was rigged, but I have seen people taking the quotes like “God wanted me to lose that night” as admittance. Which I don’t get.
                      Nah it’s been too many years for me to remember word for word, but Clottey gave an interview were he said something along the lines of that he had to lose the fight. Trying to be vague but clearly suggesting the fight might not have been legit.

Comment

Working...
                      X