No announcement yet.

HBO's commentating is terrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    The HBO broadcast was not acknowledging Sulecki's clean work while just acknowledging DJ's for the most part, Lederman's scorecards were also a joke. The fight was not a clear UD, it should've been a SD or a MD, 2 judges had it 116-111, another 117-111. 115-112 was the only reasonable score.

Miller looked underwhelming vs Duhapas but the commentating team was raving about him like he's a future star. They just signed DJ to a multi fight contract, you think they're going to admit how bad he looked or give his opponent a fair shake? Losing DJ would lose them millions. They're trying to make Brooklyn the staple of boxing, DJ is apart of that therefore ggg is apart of that, they've built these 2 guys up.
    I watched the British broadcast I assume it was Sky and they were biased towards Danny but nothing like HBO has done in other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Even Roy and Max are not tolerable anymore the others always have been biased but those two at least use to try
      Absolutely. I miss Manny Stewart. They were afraid of screwing up when he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Now all they do is inject their personal opinion and insist on their nonsense. Sometimes they don't even talk about the fight the is happening in front of them.
        one thing i hate about their commentary is that they will start talking about something between rounds and still be talking about it about a minute into the round when it starts, thus missing all the action. Showtime are definitely better in that regard.

Sky are a biased lot too here in the UK but they at least give a good blow by blow commentary through the fight consistently rather than just ramble about something other than the fight.

Comment

Jacobs is a damn good fighter but they were trying to turn him into superman when he was having trouble and getting hit a lot. He did not look nearly as good as he did when he lost a close fight to GGG. Jacobs clearly won but not as easily as they were saying. Jacobs had an average performance and they went way overboard praising his skills and obviously trying to make him their next big star.

Comment

It was a close fight in reality but not that close of a fight on the cards, if you know what I mean. Biased commentary or not Danny was doing just a little bit more in most of the rounds. Plus the knockdown in the 12th.

It was a fairly easy UD to score.

Comment

I expect HBO boxing to completely cease to exist in the next 5 to 10 years, financially they're still surviving off the big money fights Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao were involved in but it doesn't seem like they have any plan or any funding to have a plan for their future. Showtime owns boxing now for the biggest part even Joshua is now on that side too. Such a shame that a network that carried boxing for so many years completely falls apart and almost ceases to exist in less than a 10 year span but when the networks have other more safe sources of money then they invest more in that. It is what it is.

Comment

Max and Roy have been biased clowns for a while now...

Comment

Max just weak.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    one thing i hate about their commentary is that they will start talking about something between rounds and still be talking about it about a minute into the round when it starts, thus missing all the action. Showtime are definitely better in that regard.

Sky are a biased lot too here in the UK but they at least give a good blow by blow commentary through the fight consistently rather than just ramble about something other than the fight.
                    NFL broadcasts still have only two men in the broadcast booth correct? Why do both HBO and Showtime need a third man for boxing? On both networks all three freelance and provide “color commentary” with the supposed blow by blow narrator doing no such thing.

Bias wasn’t much of an issue last night. Yes, Jacobs is the house fighter. But he outpaced his quality opponent to a clear decision and then threw on an exclamation point in the twelfth. The sky wasn’t falling, DJ wasn’t exposed, the sports books will install Jacobs as a favorite over Charlo. Relax.

Comment

They're getting worse which is really a shame. Back in the day they were the"A" team. You felt like it was a real event when you heard Jim, Larry and Big George.

Comment

Working...
                      X