Everyone here is a world-class boxing mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    you call Wilder a bum all day everyday
    You also openly admitted to liking and not liking fighters based on whether they are black or not. Your part of the problem.

You also said 5 years 5 months is longer than 7 years 1 month, 16 months inactive is less than 6 months but 17 months is two full years, 38 is younger than 33, Margarito is better than Morales, Cotto is better than Pacquaio to "prove" that a win over a washed up Mosley is a great win but a win over a prime Pacquaio is not a good win but Pacquaio entered his prime in 2015.

You have no room to criticize other people's views.

Comment

NFL players from present day would destroy NFL players from the 70s and 80s. NBA players from today would destroy NBA players from the 70s and 80s.

No idea why people think boxing is somehow different. Today's boxers would destroy boxers from the 70s and 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        I would not call him a bum but I gotta say I cant stand FAT BROKE fighters.By that I mean any fighter who cant get in shape as a prospect before they EVEN make any money is only gonna get worse once he does.Thats why ill ALWAYS root against fighter like Miller and Ruiz jr.Its a shame too because both have skills.
        I agree, there are so many guys who work their ass off yet never get a break, Miller has the opportunity to fight live on HBO and turns up as if he cba training whatsoever. Your a professional athlete there's no excuse not to train properly. Like James Toney is one of my favourite all time fighters but he wasted so much of his insane talent by not preparing correctly and moving up unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
          It's great coming here to listen to a bunch of internet forum posters pass judgement on world-class boxers and call them bums.

I used to think boxers like Jarrell Miller, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua, and a few others may have some talent or something. But it turns out they all suck. Good thing there are some top boxing minds here who have all reached the absolute top level of the sport and can point out what bums these guys all are!
          The premise of this thread is demonstrably false. I, for instance, DKSAB, as evidenced by my pathetic form in the pick 'em.

Funnily enough though I never call fighters 'bums' either.

Maybe there's some kind of proportionality at play between the regard in which one holds ones own expertise and the degree to which one is likely to criticise others. Is this a corollary of (or possibly an adjunct to) the Dunning-Kruger effect I wonder?
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-18-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            NFL players from present day would destroy NFL players from the 70s and 80s. NBA players from today would destroy NBA players from the 70s and 80s.

No idea why people think boxing is somehow different. Today's boxers would destroy boxers from the 70s and 80s.
            You've got to measure relative to their eras but based on athletism you could be right however based on technique perhaps not so much. Fighters used to fight more and there were more top fighters and perhaps a more level playing field so quality of sparring and level of fight quality perhaps enhanced a fighters skills. Also perhaps the professional training was better back then too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              I agree, there are so many guys who work their ass off yet never get a break, Miller has the opportunity to fight live on HBO and turns up as if he cba training whatsoever. Your a professional athlete there's no excuse not to train properly. Like James Toney is one of my favourite all time fighters but he wasted so much of his insane talent by not preparing correctly and moving up unnecessarily.
              Yes feel same way about Toney.Dont care for him really.I mean he is a cheat too and like you said HUGE waste of talent.Really Toney might be the most natural fighter I ever seen out side maybe duran.By that I mean he WAS SO relaxed and calm.Can you imagine how much stamina that guy would have had if he trained.And the amount of juice he was on in Holy fight was enough to turn 5 novice ams into ATG LOL

Comment

Also would have to add Floyd and Pea as real natural fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post

In other sports players are getting bigger and stronger for the positions they play...boxers are bound by weight classes. Not saying I totally disagree with you...just adding this into the equation. I'd agree that overall today's boxers should be better athletes due to modern training and "nutrition"...but comparing the best vs best, boxers from past eras would still be competitive. This is due to boxing being more than an athletic contest.

Comment

And they are also fascinatingly business management experts who calculate every single coin fighters should make, their investments and percentages. They don't care if a great fight happens or not, they just care about the money which they won't even see.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      Yes feel same way about Toney.Dont care for him really.I mean he is a cheat too and like you said HUGE waste of talent.Really Toney might be the most natural fighter I ever seen out side maybe duran.By that I mean he WAS SO relaxed and calm.Can you imagine how much stamina that guy would have had if he trained.And the amount of juice he was on in Holy fight was enough to turn 5 novice ams into ATG LOL
                      Yeah Toney was ****ing beast in the early 90's, I was a huge fan of his on the way up when he was beating McCallum, Nunn and Barkley(his best performance IMO) but by the mid 90's he completely fell off the rails. He's an example of a guy who a achieved a lot but could of achieved a whole lot more.

As for natural fighters, B-Hop and Salvador Sanchez (who I haven't watched loads of tbh) are two that always looked very natural in the ring to me. Duran is definetely the best example of a natural fighter though.

Comment

Working...
                      X