No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa vs Bradley

This is the big surprise? That's the rumor. Thoughts?
    gamboa ko
    0.00%
    gamboa decision
    31.03%
    bradley ko
    27.59%
    bradley decision
    41.38%

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    This is the big surprise? That's the rumor. Thoughts?
    Not a big fan of either fighter. I lost all respect for Gamboa already. I'd pick Bradley via decision.

Comment

Is this fight really happening? I haven't heard anything about it.

Comment

I take Bradley.

Both might get dropped.

Could be an entertaining scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
          Is this fight really happening? I haven't heard anything about it.
          Bradley-Gamboa considered

55 minutes ago

NEW YORK -- Top Rank CEO Bob Arum said WBO welterweight beltholder Tim Bradley is set to return on March 16 after having beaten Manny Pacquiao by split-decision in June, and former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa is the top consideration, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

Gamboa (22-0, 16 knockouts) rose from a ninth-round knockdown after scoring one each in the second and seventh of a Dec. 8 unanimous decision for the WBA's interim junior lightweight belt over game southpaw Filipino Michael Farenas (34-4-4, 26 KOs).

Gamboa-Farenas took place on the undercard of a sixth-round knockout victory by Juan Manuel Marquez over weltterweight rival Manny Pacquiao. Gamboa was in the ring for the first time since September of last year, when he decisioned current WBC featherweight beltholder Daniel Ponce de Leon.

Gamboa's rapper-turned-promoter, 50 Cent, aka Curtis Jackson, is in New York, where Top Rank is promoting Saturday night's 126-pound clash of Mexicans between WBO titleholder Orlando Salido (39-11-2, 27 KOs) and Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia (30-0, 26 KOs).

"The matchmakers are working on a sensational opponent. That fight is being negotiated, and hopefully, that will all fall into place," said Arum during an interview on Wednesday.

"Once it's announced, people are going to say, 'Wow, I can't wait to see the fight.' But I'm not telling you who he is fighting."

Bradley is 29-0 with 12 knockouts, and had campaigned as a junior welterweight titleholder prior to facing Pacquiao.

Photo by Al Bello, Gettyimages

Photo by Chris Farina, Top Rank

Lem Satterfield can be reached at lemuel.satterfield@gmail.com

Comment

Bradley TKO. Feather fists and all.

Comment

What weighr could this possibly take place at 140?

Comment

No interest at all! 126lb vs 147lb???? Why??? Money stays in house! BS! Ray

Comment

He was going to fight Rios and Rios is bigger than Timmy. I would guess this will take place at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Bradley-Gamboa considered

55 minutes ago

NEW YORK -- Top Rank CEO Bob Arum said WBO welterweight beltholder Tim Bradley is set to return on March 16 after having beaten Manny Pacquiao by split-decision in June, and former featherweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa is the top consideration, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

Gamboa (22-0, 16 knockouts) rose from a ninth-round knockdown after scoring one each in the second and seventh of a Dec. 8 unanimous decision for the WBA's interim junior lightweight belt over game southpaw Filipino Michael Farenas (34-4-4, 26 KOs).

Gamboa-Farenas took place on the undercard of a sixth-round knockout victory by Juan Manuel Marquez over weltterweight rival Manny Pacquiao. Gamboa was in the ring for the first time since September of last year, when he decisioned current WBC featherweight beltholder Daniel Ponce de Leon.

Gamboa's rapper-turned-promoter, 50 Cent, aka Curtis Jackson, is in New York, where Top Rank is promoting Saturday night's 126-pound clash of Mexicans between WBO titleholder Orlando Salido (39-11-2, 27 KOs) and Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia (30-0, 26 KOs).

"The matchmakers are working on a sensational opponent. That fight is being negotiated, and hopefully, that will all fall into place," said Arum during an interview on Wednesday.

"Once it's announced, people are going to say, 'Wow, I can't wait to see the fight.' But I'm not telling you who he is fighting."

Bradley is 29-0 with 12 knockouts, and had campaigned as a junior welterweight titleholder prior to facing Pacquiao.

Photo by Al Bello, Gettyimages

Photo by Chris Farina, Top Rank

Lem Satterfield can be reached at lemuel.satterfield@gmail.com
                    Wow if this comes off it would be crazy...We was just talking about this match in another thread yesterday...I'd go with Bradley in a very entertaining fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X