Jose Ramirez and Maurice Hooker Close to Finalizing a Deal for July 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    I hope Hooker beats Ramirez tbh
    Not happening! Hooker is the one getting stopped in that fight or beaten by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I don't think he will leave and nor should he. Dude is getting paid well and can continue to do his thing on DAZN. They do need some more 130 pounders and that is definitely an issue with all of them being spread out on different networks.

If he gets knocked out by Davis and loses his title, what value does he have? If he can somehow entice Herring or Berchelt to come to DAZN for a unification bout? That would be great. And if GRJ signs with DAZN? That would also be great for him. Though I suspect GRJ ends up getting Tank or LSC next.

What other 130 pounders does DAZN have? JoJo Diaz wouldn’t be too bad to be honest. Who else?
      Eduardo Hernandez and Scott Quigg aswell as Diaz are the best guys they have at the weight.

I just think hes so locked into the Davis fight that he'll leave to take it. Really I think he was a pawn anyway to get someone better, harsh to say it, but lets be real

Comment

So this means Crawford can cross the street to Fox, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          So this means Crawford can cross the street to Fox, right?
          Same set up as Fury/Wilder. Arum's finally realised he cant carry on the way he has been. Blatantly Crawford/Khan losing a ton of cash is the catalyst

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Eduardo Hernandez and Scott Quigg aswell as Diaz are the best guys they have at the weight.

I just think hes so locked into the Davis fight that he'll leave to take it. Really I think he was a pawn anyway to get someone better, harsh to say it, but lets be real
            Oh man, Farmer is not about to fight Hernandez anytime soon. I mean let's see when Hernandez is ready for a title shot, but losing a title to a unknown youngster? He would hate that.

Quigg is okay, but again just underwhelming options. If Hearn can't get Davis or GRJ to DAZN, then it actually may make some sense for him to just let Farmer go. He's paying him some damn good pay days for mediocre fights and what exactly is the end game here? I do agree part of the reason in getting Farmer was to try to get someone like Davis on board as well. If it doesn't work out, then time to just cut ties with him. Farmer is not a big draw, isn't exactly exciting and that is a weight class that DAZN simply doesn't have the names. Hernandez very well could be one of the future stars of the division, but that's not likely a fight Farmer would want.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Same set up as Fury/Wilder. Arum's finally realised he cant carry on the way he has been. Blatantly Crawford/Khan losing a ton of cash is the catalyst
              Why would it be the same set up when Crawford's options are way more limited ? Fury & Wilder's options are limited also but not as limited as Crawford's. PBC welterweight options are unlimited. That's the difference.

Crawford literally has no one to fight. His PPV did half the numbers of Wilder/Fury & less than half of Spence/Garcia and won't do a quarter of Pac/Thurman. If the Garcia/Garcia PPV rumors are true that fight will do better than Crawford's last PPV too.

Comment

Why would it be the same set up when Crawford's options are way more limited ? Fury & Wilder's options are limited also but not as limited as Crawford's. PBC welterweight options are unlimited. That's the difference.

Crawford literally has no one to fight. His PPV did half the numbers of Wilder/Fury & less than half of Spence/Garcia and won't do a quarter of Pac/Thurman. If the Garcia/Garcia PPV rumors are true that fight will do better than Crawford's last PPV too.
                With Wilder/Ortiz likely heading to September, I don't think Garcia vs Garcia is a PPV. Unless they do it in like October or November.

Guess now we know why there is a hold up in the Spence/Porter and Garcia/Garcia plans. I mean Wilder/Fury is what delayed Spence/Garcia last year....Spence probably hates Wilder right about now lol.

Comment

Very good fight stylistically! Jose will have to tighten up that Defense and improve his head movement for this one

Comment

Public perception. Arums entered the game, we could always say "Fights not happening because of Arum", but if he finally starts making concessions itll be noted everywhere.

Lomachenko's options are limited, Arums made conscessions
                    Ramirez options are limited, Arums made conscessions
                    He could have bedded both those guys, same with Fury. Its not going to happen soon, but at least we know Spence/Crawford is on the horizon

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Oh man, Farmer is not about to fight Hernandez anytime soon. I mean let's see when Hernandez is ready for a title shot, but losing a title to a unknown youngster? He would hate that.

Quigg is okay, but again just underwhelming options. If Hearn can't get Davis or GRJ to DAZN, then it actually may make some sense for him to just let Farmer go. He's paying him some damn good pay days for mediocre fights and what exactly is the end game here? I do agree part of the reason in getting Farmer was to try to get someone like Davis on board as well. If it doesn't work out, then time to just cut ties with him. Farmer is not a big draw, isn't exactly exciting and that is a weight class that DAZN simply doesn't have the names. Hernandez very well could be one of the future stars of the division, but that's not likely a fight Farmer would want.
                      Yeah, the Farmer signing was obviously to entice Davis, but Davis aint coming. Think Hernandez has his eyes on the WBC so hes OK there. Russell Jr fight is again using him as a pawn, hes going to lose both fights (Davis) who offers the best deal to do so, lol.

Hearn aint paying him all that cash for another 3 fight deal to fight puddings. Davis is the most lucrative, but he has to cross the street and lose security.

The life of an alphabet beltholder
                      Last edited by Randall Cunning; 06-01-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X