No announcement yet.

Charlo's miss WBC Drug Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Oh lord that's a terrible excuse. The fighters, promoters, managers are supposed to alert VADA of your whereabouts constantly but they just "forgot" to tell VADA where they were during a press conference? Like millions of boxers are not out doing press to promote their fights but can still keep VADA informed of where they are so they can be tested. lame excuse.
    are fighters really supposed to tell vada every time they travel to a diff city?

Comment

Haymon is the adviser these guys all got managers and they handle shyt like this. So if it was the manager he should be fired today. VADA obviously didn't know where they were at and the rules say they need to be notified constantly. Even Charlo isn't accusing VADA of doing something wrong here. He's not the first fighter to get a random drug test when he was outside of his training camp. GGG was tested at least once while he was on press duty with reporters I know this because ESPN did a stupid article about it. This is boxing promotions is a huge part of your job all the boxers are doing press shyt during their training camp. The question is was this just a major phuk up by the Charlo camp not notifying VADA or were they cheating so that's why they gave VADA incorrect information and missed their drug test? But the way the Charlo camp went silent and just now finally speaking up is suspect in itself. Especially Jermell Charlo who tweets a shyt ton. Looks like they were trying to hide and hope the story died out and now that it isn't Jermall finally responded on twitter.
      Trying to have the story die down when they fight in a few weeks? That is highly unlikely and they will have to face the media soon enough with their media days. I doubt that was it.

Why would the Charlo's be upset at VADA here? They are doing their job. Again, whoever is on their team that is responsible for this obviously made a mistake, but VADA can easily confirm if the story ties out or not for when they left for the presser or promotional shoot. That isn't hard to do.

With there being six other missed tests and I bet a similar number every testing period, it is clear this happens quite a bit. Hence why VADA probably has a rule of three missed tests equaling a failed test. I also highly doubt every fighter in this program is letting VADA know where they are at all times with as much as they are traveling. It's just that VADA probably isn't testing them more than a few times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Trying to have the story die down when they fight in a few weeks? That is highly unlikely and they will have to face the media soon enough with their media days. I doubt that was it.

Why would the Charlo's be upset at VADA here? They are doing their job. Again, whoever is on their team that is responsible for this obviously made a mistake, but VADA can easily confirm if the story ties out or not for when they left for the presser or promotional shoot. That isn't hard to do.

With there being six other missed tests and I bet a similar number every testing period, it is clear this happens quite a bit. Hence why VADA probably has a rule of three missed tests equaling a failed test. I also highly doubt every fighter in this program is letting VADA know where they are at all times with as much as they are traveling. It's just that VADA probably isn't testing them more than a few times a year.
        That's not VADA's job they just do the tests. In other major sports if you miss a single drug test there is no investigation or any BS excuses the commissioner suspends you for a failed drug. In this case WBC or Commission state where their fight is taking place would be the ones to investigate or suspend them. But this is boxing and just shows how much a joke the testing really is if guys can just say sorry I was somewhere to avoid taking drug tests.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          are fighters really supposed to tell vada every time they travel to a diff city?
          hell yeah. The point of random drug test is it can come any day any time. You can be tested in the gym, at your home, while out doing press work. If they come to your house and you not there they call you up and give you X amount of time to come home or tell them where you at so they can come meet you. Canelo was tested in Mexico before he even moved to his training camp in California. I guess he should of just hid and had one of his boys tell the tester oh Canelo he's not here he's out of town. Other sports suspend you for missed drug tests even if you a superstar ask NFL RB Le'Veon Bell.

Comment

That's not VADA's job they just do the tests. In other major sports if you miss a single drug test there is no investigation or any BS excuses the commissioner suspends you for a failed drug. In this case WBC or Commission state where their fight is taking place would be the ones to investigate or suspend them. But this is boxing and just shows how much a joke the testing really is if guys can just say sorry I was somewhere to avoid taking drug tests.
            No, not even comparable. They don't do testing like this in other sports. Maybe Olympic sports, but not other sports. In the NFL, they test you once in the offseason and then after games. The VADA program with the WBC is year around even in out of camps.

LIS, I highly doubt every fighter is letting VADA know where they are e every time they travel. It just usually doesn't matter since VADA will barely test you once or twice a year.

Comment

hell yeah. The point of random drug test is it can come any day any time. You can be tested in the gym, at your home, while out doing press work. If they come to your house and you not there they call you up and give you X amount of time to come home or tell them where you at so they can come meet you. Canelo was tested in Mexico before he even moved to his training camp in California. I guess he should of just hid and had one of his boys tell the tester oh Canelo he's not here he's out of town. Other sports suspend you for missed drug tests even if you a superstar ask NFL RB Le'Veon Bell.
              but canelo lives in mexico.. did they call the charlos to find out where they were once they saw they werent in texas??

and bell missed multiple tests not 1

Comment

I would hate to abide by such strict rules while not in camp for a fight. I understand the need for the testing but it has to be very frustrating and invasive at times....

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  but canelo lives in mexico.. did they call the charlos to find out where they were once they saw they werent in texas??

and bell missed multiple tests not 1
                  Canelo owns homes in California and numerous homes throughout the country of Mexico. VADA knew where to go because canelo followed rules and told them where he was unlike what charlos did.

And how do you know the Charlo's have ONLY missed 1 test?

Comment

The Charlo's don't train together anymore so the story of them doin promotion does make sense.

Comment

Just seen that WBC fined the Charlo's.

Comment

Working...
                      X