No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Considers Mikey Garcia His Biggest Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    He passed on Linares because Oscar wanted 50/50 when Linares didn't deserve a 50/50 split. Linares has never brought fans to his fights when he headlines a show. Loma would have never fought Linares if Oscar was asking for a 50/50 split. Linares pretty much had to beg Oscar and HBO to let him fight Loma on Arum's show after Oscar wouldn't agree to the fight on that date.
    Exactly! Straight facts.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      yeah of course...but i aint hear about that being official tho.

but my main point is, alot of people still dont know about Garcia or don't realize how much of threat he is...basically a good win for the public to view this fight 50/50
      Most people rank him easily top 10 P4P. And most rank Loma Top #3. Who doesnt want to see 2 P4Pers fight??? And both bring it! No one will be falling a sleep watching this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        June 5, 2018:

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told Randy Gordon and former heavyweight challenger Gerry Cooney on their Rush 93 show on Sirius XM on Monday, that Manny Pacquiao is not interested in a welterweight bout against Terence Crawford, and that he’s eyeing lightweight world titleholder Vasiliy Lomachenko at 135 pounds. Pacquiao hasn’t fought at 135 since a TKO victory over David Diaz in June, 2008.

Andres Ferrari, ESPN Editor

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-23703036

before i react to how low key good of a fight lomachenko - pacquiao actually is - Gerry cooney as in the HW contender? never knew he had a radio show. how does he sound?

pacquiao vs lomachenko is actaully a fight that i'd really like to see. styles make fights. manny is going to be fighting a smaller man for the first time in a long time. he might have one great fight left. i don't want to pay for it on ppv, unfortunately it might head there.

my beef is the weight. 135 lbs? can pacquiao do that? maybe arum and pacquiao know more than we do, but i don't think he's that small.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          before i react to how low key good of a fight lomachenko - pacquiao actually is - Gerry cooney as in the HW contender? never knew he had a radio show. how does he sound?

pacquiao vs lomachenko is actaully a fight that i'd really like to see. styles make fights. manny is going to be fighting a smaller man for the first time in a long time. he might have one great fight left. i don't want to pay for it on ppv, unfortunately it might head there.

my beef is the weight. 135 lbs? can pacquiao do that? maybe arum and pacquiao know more than we do, but i don't think he's that small.
          Bob and Roach have been saying that Pacquiao could make 135 for many years! I'm not sure he can do it @ age 40, especially after fighting @ 147 in the same year! It might be a De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao affair? I give Pacquiao props if he even attempts it! And, if Manny beats Matthysse, Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko is definitely a PPV!

Comment

He knows his legacy hinges on the Mikey fight, both guys are intertwined!

His fighting spirit is very much appreciated and acknowledged by the REAL BOXING FANS, not the Loma haters and Loma c0ck smokers with agendas!

Hope he heals 100

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
              man if he beats garcia he's the real deal
              He already largely proved to be "the real deal".

If he's actually going to beat a visibly bigger Mikey Garcia that will consolidate him as a freak of nature, on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I think we're past the notion of figuring out whether or not Loma is the real deal or not. If he loses to Mikey it's just that Mikey's that much better.
                Originally posted by Tamuera View Post
                He already largely proved to be "the real deal".

If he's actually going to beat a visibly bigger Mikey Garcia that will consolidate him as a freak of nature, on the other hand.
                He hasn't beat a worthy opponent so far, let's take a look at his best wins.

Walters came in not interested in fighting, he just wanted to get paid. No one can tell me walters came to win. And since the loss why haven't we seen Walters again? I'm not taking anything away from loma but he beat someone who didn't want to be there.

Rigo, well this fight is what gave loma the biggest praise, again it's not loma's fault but Rigo is a quitter, no injury but decided not to continue...now if Rigo was such a dangerous guy and such a good boxer why did he quit? Someone who quits for no reason doesn't deserve to be mentioned as a worthy opponent

Linares another over rated dude who went down to his knee and quit. As soon as the ref stopped the fight he got up walked casually back to his corner like nothing happened. When you watch good boxers with heart they get up from much worse, they don't quit from one body shot.

Garcia has the whole package, smart boxer with a good punch and most importantly he will come to fight, he has a warrior mentality something only one of loma's opponents had and that was Salido, and we all know how that one ended.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Bob and Roach have been saying that Pacquiao could make 135 for many years! I'm not sure he can do it @ age 40, especially after fighting @ 147 in the same year! It might be a De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao affair? I give Pacquiao props if he even attempts it! And, if Manny beats Matthysse, Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko is definitely a PPV!

he can definitely do 140, he was 138 for hatton without any fuss at all [fight was at 140] but that was almost 10 years ago now.

he's a tiny guy, maybe he can do it. it should be at a weight in which pacquiao is healthy, size won't be a gigantic factor other than to say pacuqiao will be fighitn the only guy he's fought that was smaller than he was or the same size, other htan marquez, for over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      He knows his legacy hinges on the Mikey fight, both guys are intertwined!

His fighting spirit is very much appreciated and acknowledged by the REAL BOXING FANS, not the Loma haters and Loma c0ck smokers with agendas!

Hope he heals 100

loma **** smokers with agendas? who are these people? and what are they saying? that he's p4p right now? that's the truth . maybe you're creating a straw man?

i don't see them

Comment

Working...
                      X