Who here thinks Luis Nery is a cheat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html

I get that it's going back a few years (although maybe the problem was even worse in 2011) but I'm wondering how they managed to get the whole u17 soccer team to avoid contamination by the simple expedient of only allowing them fish and vegetables, but yet this simple and obvious step was beyond the wealthiest and best known active boxer in Mexico? Nery really doesn't have much of a better excuse... it's not like beef is the only food available in Mexico, man, or that Nery would as a professional athlete have been somehow unaware of the issues.
    What are you talking about??? The incident in 2011 was reported on espn (among other sites too). Here is an excerpt:

A majority of the players tested at the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico had traces of clenbuterol in their bodies because they ate contaminated meat, FIFA said Monday.

Tests in Germany after the tournament revealed players from 19 of the 24 teams had adverse findings of the banned anabolic agent in 109 of 208 urine samples.

http://www.espn.com/sports/soccer/ne...s-17-world-cup

Second of all, these are professional boxers. They aren't going to eat just fish and vegetables. I know it sounds simple to say Mexican athletes should all be vegetarians, but come on man. That is totally unrealistic.

The whole u17 soccer team did fail the tests. Members of every team did. In fact, in 109 out of 208 samples there were traces of clenbuterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
      Yeah you're a complete moron.
      You are more, i only said facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        What are you talking about??? The incident in 2011 was reported on espn (among other sites too). Here is an excerpt:

A majority of the players tested at the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico had traces of clenbuterol in their bodies because they ate contaminated meat, FIFA said Monday.

Tests in Germany after the tournament revealed players from 19 of the 24 teams had adverse findings of the banned anabolic agent in 109 of 208 urine samples.

Second of all, these are professional boxers. They aren't going to eat just fish and vegetables. I know it sounds simple to say Mexican athletes should all be vegetarians, but come on man. That is totally unrealistic.

The whole u17 soccer team did fail the tests. Members of every team did. In fact, in 109 out of 208 samples there were traces of clenbuterol.
        Man.

People from here is ****ing stupid.

They are haters of mexican boxing s don't waste your time.

You can put solid arguments and say the truth and this bunch of idiots will say the same sh.it.

Comment

The reason he got banned from Japan and the WBC indefinitely suspended him is because he proved without doubt that he is a cheat - he took clen last year and made weight, didn't take it this year and missed by 5lbs.

He is a cheat. It's not even questionable at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post

Well. OK I can't vouch for the accuracy of the article, although the one you quote seems to contradict your post thus:
            Mexico's players, who won the tournament, were pronounced as all testing clean because they were switched to a fish and vegetables diet before the competition, Dvorak said.
            but I don't believe it's unreasonable to expect professional athletes to comply with the doping regulations that apply to their sport, whether that's by careful attention to their diet or even emigrating - people in other professions make such moves in the interest of their careers. And what's the alternative then? Are we just going to say that it's unreasonable to expect Mexicans to comply with doping regulations? Besides which, I believe Canelo posted his camp diet from a previous camp and beef was no-where to be seen. I'm not suggesting punitive action for a first case of Clenbuterol positives where there's a chance of meat contamination - IMO the evidence threshold should be higher for that, but it should trigger rigorous further testing and IMO possibly a delay to any fight until any benefit that could have been gained if cheating had been intended would be rendered negligible.

What's your opinion man? How should it be dealt with?
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-12-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Nery is a 2 times cheat - a drug cheat and a weight cheat.

Comment

Working...
              X