Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should CEOs have to return enormous salaries if the company does poorly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
    Lol how can a lowly paid guy ever be entitled to the same compensation? Do they add the same value to the company, is their input the same as the guy at the top? Also it's easier to fire the guy at the top than the guy at the bottom. Bottom guys have far more stability.

Yeah that's why their pay is smaller and should be guaranteed. And that's my argument for making the CEO return the salary if he makes bad decisions. Our society for some reason sucks the ****s of rich people as if they are superior beings. Heaven for bid they should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      You aren't capable of stepping back and looking at things from an outside view. You have trouble seeing past your own nose.

That's a selfish and narrow attitude you have in that post.
      LOL you cant seem to grasp the fact that someone took a LOT of risk to start a company. They follow employment laws and no one is forced to work for them.

I dont tell anyone how to spend their money. Their company, their risk.

I really dont understand this. Im always hearing companies are greedy and could careless about the employees and they want to keep as much money as they can. Yet they pay a CEO a bunch of cash because they just want to waste it? Theres a reason why they spend what they do for a CEO. If you think they just want to throw cash at them to waste it then I dont know what to tell you.

Comment

Yeah that's why their pay is smaller and should be guaranteed. And that's my argument for making the CEO return the salary if he makes bad decisions. Our society for some reason sucks the ****s of rich people as if they are superior beings. Heaven for bid they should be held accountable.
        There is an error of judgement which is human. CEOs should never be penalised for taking risks or trying new things in trying to grow the company which is what would happen if you asked them to return money simply because what they tried didnt work. They could invest in a new plant as an example thinking some product would work and the product becomes a flop for many reasons. The company could actually have to sack workers, how reasonable is it to ask them to return their pay?

There is however a criminal element where CEOs operate outside the rules and the company fails, that's different and they often get punished for that.

Comment

So the only (somewhat) valid argument I've seen for CEOs making millions per year is that leading a company is difficult and not many people can do it.

So if a CEO successfully leads a company, maybe they deserve huge compensation for it.

But if a CEO makes $10 million in a year where he makes a couple of bad decisions and 1,000 people get laid off, shouldn't he NOT deserve $10 million?
          I know what you saying bro but look at all the biggest CEO's who literally F'd over their companies, shareholders, and clients just off the dome look at Wells Fargo their CEO had to stand in front of congress and explain how they made everyone open fraud accounts to hit their quotas.

He claimed he would pay back 40million but did he? He resigned and still has a net worth of 200 million

Comment

There is an error of judgement which is human. CEOs should never be penalised for taking risks or trying new things in trying to grow the company which is what would happen if you asked them to return money simply because what they tried didnt work. They could invest in a new plant as an example thinking some product would work and the product becomes a flop for many reasons. The company could actually have to sack workers, how reasonable is it to ask them to return their pay?

There is however a criminal element where CEOs operate outside the rules and the company fails, that's different and they often get punished for that.
            CEO do get punished, when they look for their next job.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              CEO do get punished, when they look for their next job.
              Yes they do in varying degrees eg Fred the shred who used to head RBS Bank and many others but I was talking about them having to return their salaries.

Comment

Yes they do in varying degrees eg Fred the shred who used to head RBS Bank and many others but I was talking about them having to return their salaries.
                What Im saying is thats the risk the company takes. If a company hires Julia and shes on here all day during work does she have to return her pay? The company invested in drug testing, training ect. They took a risk based on her past performance.

Same goes for a CEO. I think its nuts what they pay CEO's but its not my company and its not my money.

Comment

Working...
                X